Need to get my car repainted

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Prep it and go wild. Make people notice you when you are cruising down the road. Yeah I know, that ain't a Rav4, but you get the idea.

JJ.jpg

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I used Maaco one time many years ago and got the cheapo paint special. I got what I paid for and within 6 months the paint was coming off. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I believe the Tech center in St Marys has a body & paint shop, Its attached to the diesel shop.

Some years ago I bought a Bronco that had been painted by the Tech Center shop. It was a pretty good job..and thick...they sure didn't spare the paint. ;-)

glhs837

Power with Control
I would think that would be a good way to go, let the company pay for the wrap and you get to drive a advertisment for SOMDOnline...

Good idea, although you can get straight wraps in normal colors these days too if she doesnt want to use the personal hooptie to pimp the business.

PeoplesElbow

I know someone who did this to a truck they paid $500 for, it actually looked pretty decent, they sold it two years later for $1500.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yay, I'm excited! I had my car at Toyota for routine maintenance and a complete physical. Mechanic says it's good to go and I should get an easy 50,000-75,000 miles more on it.

:yahoo:

So that releases me from having to make decisions, although I was kind of into this hot green 2018 Jeep Wrangler I saw at the Jeep place. Now I need to figure out some cosmetic fixes...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yay, I'm excited! I had my car at Toyota for routine maintenance and a complete physical. Mechanic says it's good to go and I should get an easy 50,000-75,000 miles more on it.

:yahoo:

So that releases me from having to make decisions, although I was kind of into this hot green 2018 Jeep Wrangler I saw at the Jeep place. Now I need to figure out some cosmetic fixes...

:yay: They are some tough vehicles, that's for sure. I'm loving the crazy-cold AC blasting out of the vents in my ancient '91 Toyota pickup the last few weeks. Can't kill these.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:yay: They are some tough vehicles, that's for sure. I'm loving the crazy-cold AC blasting out of the vents in my ancient '91 Toyota pickup the last few weeks. Can't kill these.

I'm working on addressing the scritchies and what have you that make me look like Fred Sanford. It's not horrible, but it's bad enough that I don't like it.

DannyMotorcycle

Where are we on this? a buddy bought a 2 tone ex cop car and they primered the roof.. I remember a while back a buddy telling me some cab companies would paint a car for $300.

oh i also know a guy who roller painted a pickup.. it didn't look too bad. I actually bought the truck from him and sold it it for more money later also.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I sanded down the bad spots and filled them in with touch up paint. From two feet away it looks great, up close not so much. I hate to spend thousand$ on a paint job for a car that's 12 years old and I'm still considering getting rid of. The car as is is worth about $2000 and painting it isn't going to increase that.

For anyone who cares, you can get touch up pens that match your original paint. On the inside of your door you'll see the paint number, or google the name of your color (mine is Toyota Barcelona Red) with Y/M/M and you'll find it. If that particular paint isn't at the auto parts store, you'll find it on Amazon.