Neighbor noise troubles

wittykitty

I live in a townhouse, which I purchased about a year ago. The neighbor on the opposite wall is a problem because she plays music really loud at night and wakes me up, so loud that it took her 10 minutes to answer the door when the police knocked. Yes, I called the police. She didn’t answer when I knocked, and in fact, she turned it louder. I’m so tired of this girl wrecking my sleep. I tried to be reasonable in the beginning, but this girl just has no respect.

She claims that she’s been cutting hair in her home, but the same “clients” returning every 2-3 days leads me to believe she might be selling sex. That’s only speculation.

There has been other instances I have had trouble with her, including the smell of pot coming into my home which caused my kid to ask questions. A few weeks ago, I was outside with my kid while he was playing, and this same neighbor came outside screaming at my kid and demanding he stop climbing the tree in our community yard.

She rents her place and I have even contacted the landlord previously about the pot issue, which he did address apparently.

Has anyone ever had to seek legal help for a situation like this? My little neighborhood is otherwise very quaint and quiet. I’m beginning to feel like I have no rights! What the heck do I do now??

Oh...did I mention she put an old sofa on the front lawn two weeks ago and it will probably sit there for another month, if it’s anything like the washer and dryer she threw out a couple months ago. This girl is pure trash!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Just keep calling the cops on her. Eventually she will either get the message and stop or the cops will start issuing Noise Violations and she will have to start paying $$$ for her bad behavior.

luvmygdaughters

Contact the landlord again, take pictures of the couch on the front yard and send them to him. Is there an HOA? Complain to them. If not, call the cops and tell them you suspect drugs are being sold out of the home.

Auntie Biache'

If she's up all night playing loud music, then she must be sleeping during the day. Turn it on, turn it up! Voice of experience. NOBODY likes to have their sleep disturbed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, you know what? Make her famous on social media! Take vid when the music is loud, make sure you log the time, catch any outdoor slobbery like that couch. Post it to Twitter, FB, Instagram, whatever else and send it viral.

I love a good public shaming.

wittykitty

Just keep calling the cops on her. Eventually she will either get the message and stop or the cops will start issuing Noise Violations and she will have to start paying $$$ for her bad behavior.

I was so embarrassed and apologetic to the police when I called them. It’s just stupid that I had to call them for something so simple and easily avoided. Guess I’ll have to just have to do it anyway because this girl is now taunting me when I come and go at home. I’m pretty sure VraiBlonde may be onto the most viable solution. I might be a peace keeper, but even I have my limit. Stay tuned to TheBayNet for my mug shot.

wittykitty

Contact the landlord again, take pictures of the couch on the front yard and send them to him. Is there an HOA? Complain to them. If not, call the cops and tell them you suspect drugs are being sold out of the home.
Yes, I do have an HOA and I have contacted them about her lawn trash. I’m not sure if they will offer any help with the noise problem, but maybe so. Thank you for the suggestion.

wittykitty

Oh, you know what? Make her famous on social media! Take vid when the music is loud, make sure you log the time, catch any outdoor slobbery like that couch. Post it to Twitter, FB, Instagram, whatever else and send it viral.

I love a good public shaming.
Vrai, that’s the most excellent idea.
How about I send you all the media and you can shame her for me?