Neighbors

mitzi

I am sorry you are having a hard time with your neighbors. I hated leaving my neighbors in Calvert after 20+ years (we still keep in touch), but was very fortunate to encounter awesome neighbors when moving to Montgomery County. I don’t agree with the comments about don’t associate with neighbors. And, most of my neighbors are Dems, but we look out for each other. Example...our neighbors across the street are Jewish and Dem, but they always ask us to watch their house every two weeks when they travel to NY. We also have an SS neighbor that communicates when he will be gone. Too funny; sort of. IMO, you are located in the wrong neighborhood. Have you ever thought about moving? Just wondering. Take care. :huggy:

My neighborhood is fine. It's quiet. I talked to the other one I mentioned. Too much to get into here, but the talk worked it out. I don't want to move unless I could live somewhere way back in the woods. That I would love but being by myself it's too much upkeep that I can't do.

mitzi

I am sorry you are having a hard time with your neighbors. I hated leaving my neighbors in Calvert after 20+ years (we still keep in touch), but was very fortunate to encounter awesome neighbors when moving to Montgomery County. I don’t agree with the comments about don’t associate with neighbors. And, most of my neighbors are Dems, but we look out for each other. Example...our neighbors across the street are Jewish and Dem, but they always ask us to watch their house every two weeks when they travel to NY. We also have an SS neighbor that communicates when he will be gone. Too funny; sort of. IMO, you are located in the wrong neighborhood. Have you ever thought about moving? Just wondering. Take care. :huggy:

What does it matter if they're Dems or Jewish and Dem? What does being Dem or Rep have to do with looking out for one another? I'm not being a smart ass, I don't understand this.

littlelady

God bless the USA
What does it matter if they're Dems or Jewish and Dem? What does being Dem or Rep have to do with looking out for one another? I'm not being a smart ass, I don't understand this.

We have lots of neighborhood get togethers. Hub, and I hear the convos, don’t get involved, and move to the nosh table. It is real, Mitzi. They don’t know we are Repub. :lol: A neighbor fam just moved to Belgium because the hub is a lawyer for Big Pharma. Be concerned about our Country. That’s all I can tell you. Take care. God bless the USA.

Last edited:

mitzi

We have lots of neighborhood get togethers. Hub, and I hear the convos, don’t get involved, and move to the nosh table. It is real, Mitzi. They don’t know we are Repub. :lol: A neighbor fam just moved to Belgium because the hub is a lawyer for Big Pharma. Be concerned about our Country. That’s all I can tell you. Take care. God bless the USA.

It never would feel the need to know if a neighbor was Rep, Dem or Jewish. I really could care less.

WheezyCarl

Since this is a "neighbors" post, I shall vent. Upstairs neighbors live in their own little world, I believe that the term used is "entitled". They're oblivious to the fact that people live beneath their apartment, or more likely, just don't give a sh*t. Home schooled offspring (meaning their crotch goblins are home 24/7), run amok through the neighborhood, harass my pets, rearrange my outdoor space, catapult from the sofa/beds/counters, objects have fallen off from my walls, run up and down the halls...you get the picture. This happens constantly. Daddy disciplines the screaming brats and mommy defends them and hollers at him instead (thin walls). Lately, I just cannot play my music loud enough, some songs just sound better on MAX volume. Rant over.

mitzi

Since this is a "neighbors" post, I shall vent. Upstairs neighbors live in their own little world, I believe that the term used is "entitled". They're oblivious to the fact that people live beneath their apartment, or more likely, just don't give a sh*t. Home schooled offspring (meaning their crotch goblins are home 24/7), run amok through the neighborhood, harass my pets, rearrange my outdoor space, catapult from the sofa/beds/counters, objects have fallen off from my walls, run up and down the halls...you get the picture. This happens constantly. Daddy disciplines the screaming brats and mommy defends them and hollers at him instead (thin walls). Lately, I just cannot play my music loud enough, some songs just sound better on MAX volume. Rant over.

Ugh, I couldn't take that over top of me. People have no consideration for others.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I love my neighbors (at least now I do) guy upstairs avoids me like the plague, the lady next door is in her late 70s and she's lovely, and the people above her we suspect are CIA - they're NEVER home.

Side note. I got my hair cut today. Printed up a picture of what I wanted done on my son's printer, hollered at him to stick it in my pocketbook and left. I get to S-Kape, pull out the picture and it's a cartoon character. He is always asking me if I would like hair like Android 18 and sure enough that's what he packed for me.
As long as you don't look like Woody Woodpecker! :lmao:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I always thought you New Yorkers has ways for dealing with those types.

Grumpy

Am I the only lucky one that has great neighbors?

Admittedly, I am a lousy neighbor, not overly friendly with my neighbors but would help out if asked. Couple years ago there was a commotion over at the neighbor next door to me, asked the across the street neighbor what was going on and he said they were removing all the furniture since Mr so-n-so died last month..Felt bad that I wasn't aware of it and asked where did his wife go? He said she died 3 years ago..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Admittedly, I am a lousy neighbor, not overly friendly with my neighbors but would help out if asked. Couple years ago there was a commotion over at the neighbor next door to me, asked the across the street neighbor what was going on and he said they were removing all the furniture since Mr so-n-so died last month..Felt bad that I wasn't aware of it and asked where did his wife go? He said she died 3 years ago..
OH MY! When my older neighbor passed I went to her service. When the other ones mother passed, I was on travel and missed it.

mitzi

The one I didn't go into the story about is really a good guy. He's having relationship problems and I think I've become a mother figure to him. He wants to confide to me. It's the same thing over and over until I'm ready to bash my head thru a wall.
You can make good friends with neighbors. One of my best friends was a neighbor. Her boys and my son grew up together, we've been close for over 20 some years. Another it's been since the 70s.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
We have neighborhood get togethers and the ladies always hug me when I get there.