Netflix Biopic on Kaepernick

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What I find interesting in all this is the phenomenon where biracial children that end up being raised in by a white family. I don't have a lot of examples, but it seems that there is some identity crisis in these individuals. They end up favoring the side that abandoned them. They ignore the people that raised them and disregard the culture they were brought up with.

Barry obama is the same way. Wrote a glowing book about the dad that abandoned him and he never knew. Threw the grandmother that raised him under the bigot bus. CK, the same way. He's all down with the cause. The man be holding him back. While he was raised by a decent family that lived in a nice neighborhood and gave him a comfortable upbringing.

warneckutz

On every woke's watchlist... :lmao:

"A Guide to staying relevant on your knees"

- cali/slap, I doubt there's anything you haven't seen in this one.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What I find interesting in all this is the phenomenon where biracial children that end up being raised in by a white family. I don't have a lot of examples, but it seems that there is some identity crisis in these individuals. They end up favoring the side that abandoned them. They ignore the people that raised them and disregard the culture they were brought up with.

Barry obama is the same way. Wrote a glowing book about the dad that abandoned him and he never knew. Threw the grandmother that raised him under the bigot bus. CK, the same way. He's all down with the cause. The man be holding him back. While he was raised by a decent family that lived in a nice neighborhood and gave him a comfortable upbringing.
Humility, generosity and gratitude are out of fashion these days.

UglyBear

Playing living room psychologist here...
maybe their sense of inferiority made them feel that they were abandoned because they were never good enough.
So, hoping to be accepted back, they are going overboard doing things they perceive will please the absent father.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Playing living room psychologist here...
maybe their sense of inferiority made them feel that they were abandoned because they were never good enough.
So, hoping to be accepted back, they are going overboard doing things they perceive will please the absent father.
The classic overcorrection.

Toxick

Splat
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the ER.
My eyes just involuntarily rolled so hard, my left one ruptured and I think I pulled a muscle in the right one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I don't think Tyrus fits this narrative. But I could be wrong.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Keeping my views to myself on this one.
From what I understand, he grew up with his white mother and family. But I guess since you follow him so closely, perhaps you can share with the class and enlighten us.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Caperneck is nothing but an opportunist that is riding the wave and collecting as much as he can get before the ride is over. I can't stand him, but I can't blame him. Anyone who kneels for our national anthem deserves to be deported, IMO, but it's his right. He has been made into a demi-god and is getting as much out of it as he can. It's a ****ed up world that we live in, when a piece of crap like him can get rich just being a POS and have no other marketable skills. If others are too stupid to see this and continue to contribute to his popularity, they are PsOS as well.

Hijinx

From what I understand, he grew up with his white mother and family. But I guess since you follow him so closely, perhaps you can share with the class and enlighten us.

Kaepernicks mother was white, but she did not raise him.
He was adopted by a white family, and raised by them.
Obama's mother was also white, his father (whoever that was, was black).
His father left and his mother married a Muslim.
At the age of 10 he moved in with his white Grandmother.

Both of these men were raised in mostly white circumstances, and they both decided to lean toward their black side.
Kaepernick to hate the flag and Obama to hate America.
Hence the question----Do Bi-Racial kids who are raised by whites have an identity crisis.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Kaepernicks mother was white, but she did not raise him.
He was adopted by a white family, and raised by them.
Obama's mother was also white, his father (whoever that was, was black).
His father left and his mother married a Muslim.
At the age of 10 he moved in with his white Grandmother.

Both of these men were raised in mostly white circumstances, and they both decided to lean toward their black side.
Kaepernick to hate the flag and Obama to hate America.
Hence the question----Do Bi-Racial kids who are raised by whites have an identity crisis.
I was talking about Tyrus. 🙄