Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Have you ever googled that term, NEtflix and Chill? I ask because a lot of folks use it with younger folks not knowing the connotations :)

I keep reading it as Netflix and chili, I'm still waiting for her to get to the chili part.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Thank you. I even changed the batteries.

You can watch on your laptop, too. Go to netflix.com, enter your user name and password, and you're good to go!

Watching 'The Wire' on Amazon Prime and on episode 2. Excellent so far! Thanks for all the recommendations! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Watching 'The Wire' on Amazon Prime and on episode 2. Excellent so far! Thanks for all the recommendations! :yay:

I promise you'll get sucked into all five seasons - it doesn't jump the shark as it goes on like so many other series' do. My favorite is Season 5 because it deals with the news media.

glhs837

Power with Control
I promise you'll get sucked into all five seasons - it doesn't jump the shark as it goes on like so many other series' do. My favorite is Season 5 because it deals with the news media.

See, I liked watching the rise of Owe'Mall..... I mean whatever the name of the character meant to stand if for Owe'Malley.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You can watch on your laptop, too. Go to netflix.com, enter your user name and password, and you're good to go!

I could, but then I can't cruise the forums and facebook. :lol:

Besides, there are two of us. :ohwell:

Have you watched Breaking Bad?

SamSpade

The Wire is must watch. Before anything else. AS to the above, not a huge fan of Iron Fist, but Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Wife loves Bloodline.

But I am not sure that The Defenders makes enough sense unless you watch Iron Fist first.
And The Punisher pretty much plays separately on its own.

glhs837

Power with Control
But I am not sure that The Defenders makes enough sense unless you watch Iron Fist first.
And The Punisher pretty much plays separately on its own.

Which is why we watched Iron Fist, because you do need it. Same reason I took Legends of Tomorrow along with the rest of the Arrowverse (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl,Legends) because they interlink them all so if you dont watch them all, when the shows cross over, you are missing stuff you need to know.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Must multitask! :lol: No, I haven't watched Breaking Bad. I will add it to the list. :yay:

I'm multi-tasking now. Started cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry, sweeping, and played nurse and removed a splinter from his finger! :lol:

Breaking Bad was awesome! I may watch it again sometime!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Also, if you haven't watched The Good Doctor on ABC, it's good! Freddie Highmore from Bates Motel stars in it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

I finished Season 1 last night and am definitely hooked. I watched 1 episode of season 2 last night and had to turn it off before I got sucked into binge watching all night. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Also, if you haven't watched The Good Doctor on ABC, it's good! Freddie Highmore from Bates Motel stars in it.

I saw part of one episode and it looked pretty good. I will wait until it comes onto one of my streaming services.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Call the Midwife is really good. I just finished all 6 Seasons and am anxiously awaiting the 7th. It's one of those shows that just makes you feel good (mostly, there are some sad episodes).

Black Mirror is really good if you like Twilight Zone type stuff. Very clever (and disturbing).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Call the Midwife is really good. I just finished all 6 Seasons and am anxiously awaiting the 7th. It's one of those shows that just makes you feel good (mostly, there are some sad episodes).
I have not heard of that one before. Just looked it up and sounds very interesting. I love Vanessa Redgrave and British series in general.

Black Mirror is really good if you like Twilight Zone type stuff. Very clever (and disturbing).
Yes, I love that kind of stuff. Someone else mentioned it so into the queue it goes. :yay:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm not sure but Dark Mirror might be the show that creeped me out on episode one.

I'll have to check when I log on next.

Chris0nllyn

Black Mirror is good, but it's not one of those shows were you can get up and do things around the house at the same time. You almost need to watch it all in order to get it. I like that every episode is different and based on something we can all assume would be around in the near future.

Love that show (and half way through Season 4 now).

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I was just going to also suggest Call the Midwife...thank you Christy :yay: if you enjoyed the Crown, you'll enjoy this as well. A very touching show. Along that note, I seem to have a thing for British shows, if you like crime shows as well with some quick-witted humor, Happy Valley. I think there's only 2 quick seasons, but I really enjoyed it.

Also will suggest American Crime. So far 3 seasons on Netflix, each season focuses on a different story and all the characters' strategically woven connections, but same cast. Fascinating.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don’t know if y’all can get this on Netflix. We have Hulu, now. But, wanted to say that ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ is hilarious, and very much about current issues.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I was just going to also suggest Call the Midwife...thank you Christy :yay: if you enjoyed the Crown, you'll enjoy this as well. A very touching show. Along that note, I seem to have a thing for British shows, if you like crime shows as well with some quick-witted humor, Happy Valley. I think there's only 2 quick seasons, but I really enjoyed it.

Also will suggest American Crime. So far 3 seasons on Netflix, each season focuses on a different story and all the characters' strategically woven connections, but same cast. Fascinating.

I LOVE British shows. Considering subscribing to the Acorn App so I can get even more. Have you seen Broadchurch? It's really good.