Netflix (or Amazon Prime) and chill

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Some of my viewing in the past few months:
  • You (series) - Psychological thriller dealing with love and obsession. Very watchable but also extremely creepy.
  • Russian Doll (series) - Very adult so if you are easily offended, don't watch. A very dark comedy but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I love the star Natasha Lyonne, who is best known as Nicky in another Nexflix series: Orange Is The New Black.
  • Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes (series) - Absolutely chilling and mesmerizing.
  • The Ranch (series) - Sam Elliott - enough said. 🤤 Haven't finished it yet but absolutely will.
  • Black Panther (movie) - Excellent movie. Michael B. Jordan as the bad guy was a standout.
  • Mercury 13 (movie) - Story about the women who were tested for spaceflight in 1961 before their dreams were dashed in being the first to make the trip to the moon, even though they sometimes performed better than the men. Great narration of a little known story.

Chris0nllyn

Just watched Polar. It's about an assassin on the brink of retirement. His employer tries to kill him to avoid paying his retirement package.
Pretty good if you like shoot-me-up movies. Parts of it were pretty graphic (i.e. showing him use a drill on someone's forehead) if you have a weak stomach or don't enjoy those types of movies.

Next up is Velvet Buzzsaw.

SamSpade

(I can't recall what show or movie it was, but a Dad uses the phrase 'Netflix and chill' to mean what we've been using it to mean here - but his kid says 'uh, Dad, that's not what it means'. I had to look it up.)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
(I can't recall what show or movie it was, but a Dad uses the phrase 'Netflix and chill' to mean what we've been using it to mean here - but his kid says 'uh, Dad, that's not what it means'. I had to look it up.)
That was mentioned before very early on in this thread and it was NOT the way I meant it! :lol:

Chris0nllyn

Some of my viewing in the past few months:
  • You (series) - Psychological thriller dealing with love and obsession. Very watchable but also extremely creepy.
  • Russian Doll (series) - Very adult so if you are easily offended, don't watch. A very dark comedy but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I love the star Natasha Lyonne, who is best known as Nicky in another Nexflix series: Orange Is The New Black.
  • Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes (series) - Absolutely chilling and mesmerizing.
  • The Ranch (series) - Sam Elliott - enough said. 🤤 Haven't finished it yet but absolutely will.
  • Black Panther (movie) - Excellent movie. Michael B. Jordan as the bad guy was a standout.
  • Mercury 13 (movie) - Story about the women who were tested for spaceflight in 1961 before their dreams were dashed in being the first to make the trip to the moon, even though they sometimes performed better than the men. Great narration of a little known story.

Watched some of Russian Doll last night.

2 episodes in and I find it absolutely boring. Does it get better?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Watched some of Russian Doll last night.

2 episodes in and I find it absolutely boring. Does it get better?
Depends on what you call better. :lol: I think it does and I watched all episodes over the weekend. I do like they are 30 minutes long and there are only 8 of them. The show has gotten great marks from the critics.

Chris0nllyn

Depends on what you call better. :lol: I think it does and I watched all episodes over the weekend. I do like they are 30 minutes long and there are only 8 of them. The show has gotten great marks from the critics.

I saw all the good reviews and think she's a great actress, just having trouble liking the Groundhog Day concept. Is every episode the same?
The flowers died when she walked by and that intrigued me enough to watch another episode but both my wife and I were not impressed.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I saw all the good reviews and think she's a great actress, just having trouble liking the Groundhog Day concept. Is every episode the same?
The flowers died when she walked by and that intrigued me enough to watch another episode but both my wife and I were not impressed.
I won't give it away but keep watching as more and more will be revealed. There is a major twist halfway through and things really get going in the 7th episode.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Not on Netflix but on Amazon Prime Video. Excellent movie on the ravages of addiction on not only the addict but the family.

Starring Steve Carell and Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild and Critics' Choice nominee Timothée Chalamet, Beautiful Boy chronicles the heartbreaking and inspiring experience of survival, relapse, and recovery in a family coping with addiction over many years. Based on the best-selling memoirs from David and Nic Sheff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07FMF2689/ref=atv_hm_hom_1_c_iEgOEZ_2_3

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
if you enjoy reality TV, this show is a fascinating insight to human behavior when faced with challenges and difficulties. I could never do what they did, but I enjoy watching it from the comfort of my cozy chair.

Pioneer quest

Homer J

Power Chord
Amazon Prime picked up The Expanse from SyFy. Solid science fiction with a good basis in actual science. Top notch acting and stories. Can't wait for season 4.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
About to finish The Umbrella Academy. It's pretty good.

I have heard good things about that show. Hoping for a binge day soon. :lol:

Just got HBO Now to finish GoT but found the new show Chernobyl to be good (in the 2 episodes out anyway).

That also looks good and is very highly rated, but I don't get HBO Now. I can't justify paying $14.99/month just for one show. :lol: