Netflix Streaming to PS3 or XBox

C

czygvtwkr

Anyone stream movies directly to their PS3 or XBox 360 from Netflix?

Is a wireless connection fast enough or would I need to use a cord? If the wireless is good enough I'm buying one right now, otherwise Im going to wire my house with a couple Ethernet connections.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I don't do this but I just saw that Panasonic released 2 new Blue ray players that have the capability to stream Netflix movies to them.

As far as you wireless and streaming you should be fine. Your wireless connection will be faster than your internet connection so the Internet connection will be the bottleneck.

F

forceofnature

wireless is ok but you may experience some delays every once in a while. Our xbox is direct wired.

jsouthan

Anyone stream movies directly to their PS3 or XBox 360 from Netflix?

Is a wireless connection fast enough or would I need to use a cord? If the wireless is good enough I'm buying one right now, otherwise Im going to wire my house with a couple Ethernet connections.

We have a LG blu-ray player that has wireless streaming built in for Netflix (and a couple of other things). We have only had 1 movie stream slowly (which they then downgrade the pic quality), but after about 5 minutes it automatically bumped back up (speed & quality) and was fine after that. We have never had any problems with the movie hanging up in order for the buffering to catch up or anything. It probably more depends on the speed coming into your house than anything.

SJSWING

I would not run out and grab PS3 or 360 just for the netflix streaming. Streaming on Netflix is nothing like getting movies directly mailed from the site. I know it takes longer, but the new releases are not even available for live stream over the PS3 or 360. If you don't mind older movies, then by all means it is a great service.

I stream through my 360 directly wired to the router. I have never had a problem with content. I have not set up the PS3 yet to stream, but plan on doing it within the next week or two. That is set up wireless through the router.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I have a wired PS3 and love Netflix on it. Most of the movies and tv shows are a little older but there are some newer shows and movies on there sometimes. And if something new comes out that you want to see you still get DVDs by mail.

This has saved me so much money. Before I was always out buying new DVD's couple a week. I'm in WV and do not have a dish or anything.... except a set of rabbit ears on my 58" plasma :lmao: and only pick up a couple local stations.... so being able to get on and pick what I want to watch and when is nice.

Floyd2004

-Void-
Ive used wireless and wired with netflix on my 360 and it worked either way BUT I got full green bars on wired and only half on wireless.