Netflix

luvmygdaughters

Okay, I signed up for Netflix streaming...I know, I know, late to the party. Be that as it may...what are some good series to watch on Netflix. I just started The Crown. The reason I signed up is, I saw Woody Harrelson on channel 4 Sunday morning. Cant remember the name of the show, but, he said he and Kevin Costner are in a new series on Netflix, starting March 29, about the Texas Ranger who went after Bonnie and Clyde. They showed a preview and it looks like its going to be good. So, until the 29th, what are some other good series??

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Your Christmas tree is still up??
Yeah, I kinda got stuck on that, too. :lmao:

I started a thread for Netflix recommendations awhile back and there are a lot of good suggestions in it:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I wish they had Fargo (the television series). I loved the first one - did you see it with Billy Bob Thornton? And the second one with Brad Garrettt was pretty good (and weird). And I heard the third one was great. Netflix had nada - not even the first one.

I have never watched it but it has good reviews. You can buy the series on Amazon for $$$ or pay to watch on FX+ for $5.99 a month.

I WAS able to catch up on Knight Fall though - history channel's version of the Templar Knights - loved that series and it's starts with Season 2 on the 25th with Mark Hammel. Really looking forward to that.

Have never heard of it but it sounds intriguing. :yay:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I wish they had Fargo (the television series). I loved the first one - did you see it with Billy Bob Thornton? And the second one with Brad Garrettt was pretty good (and weird). And I heard the third one was great. Netflix had nada - not even the first one.

I WAS able to catch up on Knight Fall though - history channel's version of the Templar Knights - loved that series and it's starts with Season 2 on the 25th with Mark Hammel. Really looking forward to that.
Fargo seasons 2 and 3 are on Hulu.

@luvmygdaughters if you enjoy the Crown, or period dramas/fiction, you may also like Call the Midwife, North & South, Cable Girls (this was a spanish production dubbed over in English so it's a little telenovella drama but it's so cute), The Paradise, When Calls the Heart, Alias Grace (short series, but well done!!), Land Girls, Penny Dreadful (if you like the period drama AND creepy!) ok so I have a thing for period dramas and I've just spent the last 2 months home off of work so I watched a LOT of these :lol:

there's a ton of fun British baking shows (I know you're a good cook) - I tend to prefer those to American baking shows bc ours always seem so over the top and theatrical. Brits have a lot of shows for every day bakers - the Family Cooking Showdown, the Great British Baking show...

The more you watch, the more Netflix will start to suggest things for you too.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Thanks - got a month free offer from them too - at the rate I'm going I'll be inside all summer!
Fargo is a great series. Very underrated, and just plain funny. I was surprised I liked it so much.

I love Hulu, it keeps me from missing cable when I just need some lighthearted shows that Netflix doesn't have. My stepson and I are currently watching all the old episodes of Malcolm in the Middle. and I still get brainless shows like on the Food Network and HGTV to play in the background while I clean or make dinner. I think I pay $7/mo for the ads version. I keep meaning to look into the no-ads option but honestly there's so few, esp. compared to cable, they don't bother me.

luvmygdaughters

Fargo seasons 2 and 3 are on Hulu.

@luvmygdaughters if you enjoy the Crown, or period dramas/fiction, you may also like Call the Midwife, North & South, Cable Girls (this was a spanish production dubbed over in English so it's a little telenovella drama but it's so cute), The Paradise, When Calls the Heart, Alias Grace (short series, but well done!!), Land Girls, Penny Dreadful (if you like the period drama AND creepy!) ok so I have a thing for period dramas and I've just spent the last 2 months home off of work so I watched a LOT of these :lol:

there's a ton of fun British baking shows (I know you're a good cook) - I tend to prefer those to American baking shows bc ours always seem so over the top and theatrical. Brits have a lot of shows for every day bakers - the Family Cooking Showdown, the Great British Baking show...

The more you watch, the more Netflix will start to suggest things for you too.
Thanks!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So my free trial with Netflix was over and I cancelled to start a free month of Hulu.. I see that they have Fargo Seasons 1-3 which is great but omigosh - they have Desperate Housewives all 180 episodes. I started that when it first came out but missed several seasons - I can't turn it off! I had forgotten how funny it was and how much it draws you in - I'm still in my pajamas watching it and the big Sunday dinner I had planned has been reduced to pizza (which is always fine with the only other person in the household).
I loved that show!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I forgot the ending, I can't remember why Mary Alice shot herself, I don't know who was in the toy chest that ended up in the lake and I don't know what the story behind Mike so it's like I'm seeing it for the first time. It's every bit as funny as it was the first time.
I don't remember either!

SamSpade

So my free trial with Netflix was over and I cancelled to start a free month of Hulu..

We use Hulu specifically for the reason it was originally created - to catch re-runs we missed.
My wife watches it largely for The Handmaid's Tale, but I was considering cancelling when - voila! -
they LOWERED their monthly cost for their basic service to 5.99. That's cheap enough to keep it around.
We HAVE actually used it within the last month to catch an episode that got pre-empted on our DVR.

I wish they'd get to the second season of The Runaways, but I'm not holding my breath.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Embarrassingly enough, yes it is. It always falls to me to put it up/take it down and it's huge, it's heavy, it's got over 500 ornaments on it and 1000 lights. It's a major undertaking and I was hoping for a good snow day so I could plug it in and watch Christmas movies. And there's almost always something I'd rather do than take it down, like clean toilets or something. And it's only just after St. Patrick's day. QUIT PICKING ON ME!!!
Soooo.... is the tree down yet???? :lol: