Never under estimate how smart horses are!

Tazgirl

My husband and I are taking care of a friends horses this weekend. Last night we tucked her stallion in and I know I checked to make sure the stall latched. The latch is up on the top of the tracks. Went over this morning to feed and guess who was out and running all over the farm...Yep the stallion. We just figured we had not closed the stall correctly. Tonight when we put him up we were feeding the babies and I turned around. He had grabbed the bars of the stall door with his teeth, gerked his head up and then over which popped the latch on the stall door and opened it. I closed it and yelled for my husband he came over and darned if Trigger had not opened that stall door again before my husband could walk across the barn. :otter:So..... thank heavens he didn't get in with the mares :evil:and never ever think you are smarter than a horse..... Tonight we tied the stall door shut and then closed both barn doors.....:popcorn:

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
Yep, Pip is an escape artist, we had to take extra precautions when he was stalled at the other farm. He much prefers to be out 24/7 and I'm glad we can give him that opportunity.