New 4-H Club in St. Mary's County

crazyropes

Hey everyone. My Aunt and I are going to be starting a New 4-H Club based out of St. Marys County. We are going to get started after the calvert county fair is over. We hope to have our first meeting by November so we can vote for officers and be ready to hit the ground running January 2010.

We are mostly going to be an animal club
Mostly Rabbits we also want kids that want to show ARBA and one day become and ARBA club and put on rabbit shows in Southern Maryland

But also going to work on Pigs and Goats for sure.

Our goal is to help the kids work on record book and to be really involved in Other 4-H Activities.

We are going to work on crafts at each meeting that the kids can then turn around in put in the fair in 2010.

If you are interested in becoming a member let me know crazyropes@verizon.net you don't have to have and Pets We are really going to work on being an ALL AROUND CLUB with some of the other projects 4-H has to offer like the Photography, baking, Sewing etc...

We are still working out if we are going to aim to meet during the week or if we will meet on the weekend. I would love to hear your feed back if you think it would be better with everyone plans to have meeting during the week or on the weekend

crazyropes

We are thinking of having the meetings either at the Charlotte Hall Library or even at the Fair Grounds in the Spring, Summer and Fall months because I don't think the buildings have heat ect... As soon as I know for sure I will post it.

So far we have about 9 Members ready to join and 4 clover buds.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
We are thinking of having the meetings either at the Charlotte Hall Library or even at the Fair Grounds in the Spring, Summer and Fall months because I don't think the buildings have heat ect... As soon as I know for sure I will post it.

Those 2 locations are pretty far apart. People willing to attend meetings at one of those places aren't likely to want to drive all the distance to the other one.

Good luck having meetings at the library. Meeting room reservations open up 11/1. Make sure you go online at 12:00 a.m. to submit your dates if you want to have any chance in hell of getting uniform dates. Either that or have a contact in the system that will put your dates in BEFORE they open up to the public.

crazyropes

Oh really I was told the Library was a good place and they are would work with us. I will have to keep checking out some other options then. The 4-H Office told us we could use the fairgrounds but then the weather is an issue there.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Oh really I was told the Library was a good place and they are would work with us. I will have to keep checking out some other options then. The 4-H Office told us we could use the fairgrounds but then the weather is an issue there.

Take turns having the meetings in the different kids homes, that is what we did. Each kid gets a chance to host a meeting that way. It could be fun. Also, it is understandable if some kids homes aren't condusive to that. But there are ways to work it out. Like co-hosting.

Don't let not having a standard meeting place stop you.

:buddies:

latiger12

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://secsportschat.com/?tracker=3759"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://secsportschat.com/?tracker=3759" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Oh really I was told the Library was a good place and they are would work with us. I will have to keep checking out some other options then. The 4-H Office told us we could use the fairgrounds but then the weather is an issue there.

Library has some farily nice meeting areas...