New ammo

C

czygvtwkr

And there is the solution to the possible ban on lead I have been hearing about. Doesn't look cheap though. I was thinking plastic/carbon fiber combo might be what was on the horizon.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
And there is the solution to the possible ban on lead I have been hearing about. Doesn't look cheap though. I was thinking plastic/carbon fiber combo might be what was on the horizon.

One of their videos said they were CNC machined out of copper.

Vince

I like it!! Bet they ban the rounds and only law enforcement will be able to get them. It would be a ballistics nightmare for matching a bullet to a gun. Be great for home defense. :biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yet another solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

9mm FMJ;

All guys like this do is give us ALL this sinister, ugly stain of ghouls who sit around dreaming up crap like this and then promote it like a video game for 14 year olds.

C

czygvtwkr

Larry, you advocating FMJ for home defense? Too much possibility of going through the intruder, through the wall and into my neighbors house for my taste.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Looks like a very nice round but I wonder what the ballistics (flight path, range, etc) of the round is. It doesn't look like will go very far before it starts to tumble, and with the bullet spinning, will the "fingers" flare out, causing the round to tumble ten feet out of the muzzle?

While it will do some serious damage to someone, I think you would have to be basically point blank range in order to hit what you are aiming at.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry, you advocating FMJ for home defense? Too much possibility of going through the intruder, through the wall and into my neighbors house for my taste.

No, I get that but, there are already all sorts of frangible rounds for that.
And, they didn't emphasize that safety feature in their little promo. They are all about the destructive capacity and how kewl and evil looking it is.

My personal choice is #7 shot.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Up until last Spring, one of my weapons was a 20-gauge Mossberg with a slug barrel, which I kept loaded with slugs. I figured it would make a horrible mess of my house if I shot an intruder with it, but I'd have a fair chance of stopping the intruder.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Up until last Spring, one of my weapons was a 20-gauge Mossberg with a slug barrel, which I kept loaded with slugs. I figured it would make a horrible mess of my house if I shot an intruder with it, but I'd have a fair chance of stopping the intruder.

All that matters is to have something handy you can;

A, get to quickly
B, operate pretty much in your sleep
C, harm the bad guy the most while harming everything else the lest

That is why I don't use slugs or double ought. And is why this new round may be of some use assuming it cycles properly in a given weapon. I am not opposed to innovation, just this jerking off these folks tend to do;

"New, super uber lethal! Sexy! Mean looking! Hot, baby! The LAST round you'll EVER need!" 'cuz when it FTF or FTE, you're ass is in trouble...

Railroad

Routinely Derailed

A, get to quickly

That is why I don't use slugs or double ought. And is why this new round may be of some use assuming it cycles properly in a given weapon. I am not opposed to innovation, just this jerking off these folks tend to do;

"New, super uber lethal! Sexy! Mean looking! Hot, baby! The LAST round you'll EVER need!" 'cuz when it FTF or FTE, you're ass is in trouble...

True

Bonehead

Larry

A, get to quickly

Check out a website called box o truth....They test all sorts of loads for penetration and effectiveness. Bird shot doesn't cut it any gauge for self defense.