New Automotive Machine shop

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was most relieved and happy to learn that there is a new automotive machine shop service opening in Callaway soon. Heard Precision Machine.

We once had a half-dozen or more automotive machine shops in the SOMD area....they all closed over the years.

black dog

Free America
Thought of you the other day when I saw this bumper sticker on a truck in a local plants parking lot.
I Love Muncie ❤

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was most relieved and happy to learn that there is a new automotive machine shop service opening in Callaway soon. Heard Precision Machine.

We once had a half-dozen or more automotive machine shops in the SOMD area....they all closed over the years.
So you no longer have to do it yourself, and you can get rid of all that automotive machine shop "stuff" you've been accumulating over the years?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So you no longer have to do it yourself, and you can get rid of all that automotive machine shop "stuff" you've been accumulating over the years?
Not hardly. But it WILL get me stop looking at buying the machinery I don't have yet. ;-)

glhs837

Power with Control
Not hardly. But it WILL get me stop looking at buying the machinery I don't have yet. ;-)

Oh bullsh%$. :) Is it the Coronavirus that's got you lying like a dog?

Also, there's Combs Prototyping and Fabrication off of Chancellors, not specifically automotive but has some good capabilities. Including passivating and I think some 3D milling.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh bullsh%$. :) Is it the Coronavirus that's got you lying like a dog?

Also, there's Combs Prototyping and Fabrication off of Chancellors, not specifically automotive but has some good capabilities. Including passivating and I think some 3D milling.
3D milling I got...and a tank for aluminum conversion coating (gold color). And lots of stuf for doing automotive head work. But no crank grinder, boring bar with torque plates, line hone, rod reconditioning equipment, blokc and head milling machine, etc. (I can do head milling on my LAgun mill in a pinch but its a pain to properly fixture a head on standard mill with extra tooling for it. And balancing....I really miss having someone local that is good at balancing. I hope Heard does that.

Pete Mesmer and his son used to to do all of that machine work for me...back in the day. I also had Pat Garrett do some balancing work but dealing with his "office manager" wife was too much.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

There was a guy here years ago named Pete Mesmer, he had more machine equipment in his basement than any three machine shops.