New Battery

GoldWing needed a new battery, so ran up to the store to get one today. Figured I'd get the battery changed and hop on for a ride, being this is one of the few chances I'll get, and it's really nice out.

Every battery I've gotten in the past was dry charged. Throw it in, off ya go. Not this one. :doh: Have to add the electrolyte, wait an hour for it to gas out, then charge it for 4 to 9 hours!!!!! ACK!!!!

So, it's gassed out, on charge now. Maybe I'll get a ride in later.

That retirement thing is really taking up a lotta time eh? :lol:

I wish.

I spend 2 days at home, 5 days at my folks house taking care of them. The 2 days I'm home I do laundry, run errands, take care of necessities. I have no idea at this point what retirement is really like.

I wish.

I spend 2 days at home, 5 days at my folks house taking care of them. The 2 days I'm home I do laundry, run errands, take care of necessities. I have no idea at this point what retirement is really like.
I'm happy for your parents... and for you that you are in a position to be able to provide such "full time" care for them. Good on ya, GWguy... good on ya...:huggy:

GoldWing needed a new battery, so ran up to the store to get one today. Figured I'd get the battery changed and hop on for a ride, being this is one of the few chances I'll get, and it's really nice out.

Every battery I've gotten in the past was dry charged. Throw it in, off ya go. Not this one. :doh: Have to add the electrolyte, wait an hour for it to gas out, then charge it for 4 to 9 hours!!!!! ACK!!!!

Bummer. I wanted to ride today too, but it is raining on and off.

Vince

Been there and done that, won't buy another battery like that. I went through two this year to find out on the second one that I had a bad stator. Replaced the voltage reg at the same time.

Been there and done that, won't buy another battery like that. I went through two this year to find out on the second one that I had a bad stator. Replaced the voltage reg at the same time.

Yeah, kinda thought it was weird going thru 2 new batteries like that.

I did get a nice ride in. Went down to 7D, Colton Point. Haven't been down there in a while.

Yeah, kinda thought it was weird going thru 2 new batteries like that.

I did get a nice ride in. Went down to 7D, Colton Point. Haven't been down there in a while.

Found a new road to ride on. Nothing, but twists and turns, ups and downs for miles. End up pretty well up in elev. Junipers etc. I would call this a challenging ride. More so than any I have seen yet.

dr, time for another gopro video, enjoyed the last one brought back memories.

Waiting for the weather. Raining now and probably tomorrow. Then I will do the Monument again. The first real climb is probably the best part as far as riding. You go through a tunnel, hairpin and go over it. :lol: Awesome! Kinda of like a cool go kart track which there is here also.