New bird at my suet block

jetmonkey

Looks like a gold finch but has a long pointy beak instead of a wide blunt beak. My gold finches feed from the thistle feeder exclusively. As near as I can figure this bird must be a immature Baltimore oriole or a yellow-throated vireo. I'm leaning vireo be cause I could have sworn it had a little mask. Are either of these birds more likely to enjoy suet than the other?

p.s. right now I have a male and female cardinal on my office window seed bell.

jetmonkey

Looks like a gold finch but has a long pointy beak instead of a wide blunt beak. My gold finches feed from the thistle feeder exclusively. As near as I can figure this bird must be a immature Baltimore oriole or a yellow-throated vireo. I'm leaning vireo be cause I could have sworn it had a little mask. Are either of these birds more likely to enjoy suet than the other?

Actually it looks more like an orchid oriole than a Baltimore oriole.

jetmonkey

Was out there again last night. I am going with orchid oriole because it appears to have a white circle around its eye.

jetmonkey

Saw this skulking around the yard this morning.

Attachments

• TOWHEE.jpg
    TOWHEE.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 153

jetmonkey

Look at those chubby cheeks!! :roflmao:

That's GIS, but that is what he looked like; first one I've seen since I've been paying attention to these things. He grabbed a piece of corn and high-tailed it out of there. Fortunately I saw him from an upstairs window and hauled ass downstairs to get a good look through the binocs before he left.

Rael

Supper's Ready

A common yellowthroat (warbler) maybe? But they're kinda small.

Common Yellowthroat