NEW!! Black-Eyed Susan Horse Show Circuit at PG

fredsaid2

That looks nice and 'B' rated! I think I recognized one of the organizers as someone who's worked SMHA for a long time. I'm sure they'll do well :smile:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Ok, so I read this and I wanted to take some of the long-two year olds to show in the Hunter US and US Pleasure classes. Did I read this correctly that I can not enter the same horse in both events at the same show? My horses are too young to jump, so I like hitting the flat classes, and although they are different styles, the same horse certainly can perform in both functions. Can someone clarify?
Thankyou!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Ok, so I read this and I wanted to take some of the long-two year olds to show in the Hunter US and US Pleasure classes. Did I read this correctly that I can not enter the same horse in both events at the same show? My horses are too young to jump, so I like hitting the flat classes, and although they are different styles, the same horse certainly can perform in both functions. Can someone clarify?
Thankyou!

Baby Green can't go in division with fence heights higher then 2'3", but I didn't see were they couldn't cross enter from Hunter to Pleasure. Do you have an example.

fredsaid2

Thankyou!

MHSA rules say you must pick one or the other; pleasure or hunter. I didn't read enough to see if the schooling day follows this rule but the sunday rated classes do. It would make sense that they do for consistency.

Sparks

MHSA rules say you must pick one or the other; pleasure or hunter. I didn't read enough to see if the schooling day follows this rule but the sunday rated classes do. It would make sense that they do for consistency.

I believe that only applies if both the pleasure and hunter divisions are "recognized" by MHSA.

fredsaid2

I believe that only applies if both the pleasure and hunter divisions are "recognized" by MHSA.

You're probably right, so she could do the MHSA Pleasure u/s and the Open u/s. She should contact them to get a ruling. I know MSA wouldn't let you cross enter in their schooling show.

Sparks

You're probably right, so she could do the MHSA Pleasure u/s and the Open u/s. She should contact them to get a ruling. I know MSA wouldn't let you cross enter in their schooling show.

Hmmm. - That's MSA for ya' :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Yes, I would think she could do both. There are several flat pleasure classes on Saturday so unless she HAS to show on Sunday, I'd think Sat would be the best day to go for just under saddle classes.

I'm going to take the 3 y.o. in the pleasure on Saturday and maybe trot the 18" or 2' course. Later in the season when we can canter lines, I may go in the 5 & Under 2' hunter division on Sunday. So I plan on possibly doing both as well. Neither are rated.

BZHorseMomE

I agree with you Sparks about the MHSA rule of cross entering. If you go in Hunters or Jumpers at an MHSA show you can go in Pleasure. Many of the schooling series allow horses and ponies to cross enter from Pleasure to Hunter because they are going for Overall Grand Champion in points.:starcat:

:yay:Fred is right. Contacting the people in charge to find out would be the best thing.

If you find out AppendixQH please post what you found out.
:love:

Last edited:

BZHorseMomE

I think the Open W/T Pleasure horse at MSA is so big and the division needs to be split all the time because they do allow cross entering from Hunter to Pleasure.

The Green Pleasure division at MSA you can't cross enter into another division where your horse or pony will jump.

Sparks

I think the Open W/T Pleasure horse at MSA is so big and the division needs to be split all the time because they do allow cross entering from Hunter to Pleasure.

The Green Pleasure division at MSA you can't cross enter into another division where your horse or pony will jump.

I just try to avoid MSA :coffee:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I agree with you Sparks about the MHSA rule of cross entering. If you go in Hunters or Jumpers at an MHSA show you can go in Pleasure. Many of the schooling series allow horses and ponies to cross enter from Pleasure to Hunter because they are going for Overall Grand Champion in points.:starcat:

:yay:Fred is right. Contacting the people in charge to find out would be the best thing.

If you find out AppendixQH please post what you found out.
:love:

I will definately contact them. It doesn't make sense for me to haul a couple of horsesall the up there to do only 2 or 3 classes. Being not even 3 yet they don't do any jumping, so I have to make the best of the flat classes:patriot:

fredsaid2

I wonder what the level of competition will be like at the Black-Eyed Susan? Several bigger show barns started coming to saturday's MSA, some staying for sunday classes. With this show being a 'B' that type of barn will probably increase. Nice for spectators to watch, harder to compete against for the local show horses.