New Budweiser Size

Pete

Repete
I find it marketing genious that they spent tons of capitol on can redesign to improve sales of crappy beer. Wide mouth, vent top, vortex, aluminum bottles all have tons of fans.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why Would Anyone Buy a Bow Tie-Shaped Beer Can That Actually Gives You Less Beer?

Why would anyone buy a stocking cap that looks like a beard, or a truck hitch that looks like a pair of hairy nads? Or even a little swatch of fabric to cover up your intermammary cleft?

This is America, damn it! We buy stupid ####!

Homer J

Power Chord
I find it marketing genious that they spent tons of capitol on can redesign to improve sales of crappy beer. Wide mouth, vent top, vortex, aluminum bottles all have tons of fans.

I gotta say, I like the aluminum bottles. The beer seems to get colder. Maybe it's just me.:shrug:

Flapjack

Aluminum bottles were developed so that folks coud get the glass bottle experience at the race tracks, without the dangers of broken glass. (Race tracks don't allow glass bottles).

Tomcat

Anytime
Hell, I'll take a 10oz, pour out 2 ounces and squish the middle of the can if you want bow tie shaped. and sell it to you 1 for the price of 2! :buddies:

Tomcat

Anytime
Aluminum bottles were developed so that folks coud get the glass bottle experience at the race tracks, without the dangers of broken glass. (Race tracks don't allow glass bottles).

ALCOA Aluminum developed the bottles in Pittsburgh, Iron City was the first to test them. Budweiser was the first beer to use them. :buddies:

sockgirl77

Nothing like drinking out of a fence post. :barf:

EvolutionIsBS

Suspended User
12oz can and draft Bud have a more bitter taste compared to the sweeter tasting 10oz Bud can.

Different recipes I guess.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you are selling good beer, you can sell it in a bucket. If you are selling bad beer, you might need to get a little more creative.

Plus, they ain't American no more anyway.

ylexot

Super Genius
Where the 10-Ounce Bud Is the King of Beers : NPR
Once or twice a week, a tractor-trailer arrives at the warehouse of the Guy Distributing Company from Houston, where the beer is brewed and canned. Glenn Guy, whose father and uncle founded the company, is a 10-ounce drinker himself, but he can't explain exactly what the difference is.

"There is none," Guy says, referring to the fact that all Budweiser is brewed in the same huge vats. "We've even had people with a taste-test situation, and they've been able to pick the 10-ounce out. But there's no difference, there can't be."