New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Whats with this place, looks like they have shutdown construction. Nothing has happened in a couple of months now. Last thing I saw going on, they were blowing seed down over the entire place.

How about you bring a nice sitdown restaurant on the piece of land next to the Cedar Point Credit Union, didnt your sign popup recently, my choice would be Ruby Tuesday's, love their salad bars.

Everything is still on track, we have several tenants under negotiation right now.
Restaurants are hard to get financed right now so unless its a corporate store you dont see as many poping up.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Are we EVER going to get a whole foods or trader joes in southern MD?
Or at the very least, add a MOM's organic market in st marys.
St Marys has a lot of people that would shop at an organic grocer... but we have to drive at least 1.5 hours to get to any of them (and yes it takes me that long to get from lower st marys county to MOM's in waldorf). They would do a lot of business in st marys. Maybe MOM's could take that space in wildewood that McKays recently vacated?

Whole foods has looked in the are but they dont have a distribution center close by so one would have to be built. They would have to build several stores to make it feasible. They are still studying the area. Perhaps if moms in waldorf continues to do well they will reconsider. They have also said we dont have enough college graduates which is an odd thing but thats what they look for.

MarieB

St Marys has a lot of people that would shop at an organic grocer... but we have to drive at least 1.5 hours to get to any of them (and yes it takes me that long to get from lower st marys county to MOM's in waldorf). They would do a lot of business in st marys. Maybe MOM's could take that space in wildewood that McKays recently vacated?

I can't see a market for whole foods, but i think trader joes would do well here. I know trader joes doesn't expand very quickly. it is the same company as Aldis, and usually when you see one the other follows in time. Isn't there an Aldi's over in Calvert ? Send trader joes a request from there site. I try to do it every once in awhile.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
I can't see a market for whole foods, but i think trader joes would do well here. I know trader joes doesn't expand very quickly. it is the same company as Aldis, and usually when you see one the other follows in time. Isn't there an Aldi's over in Calvert ? Send trader joes a request from there site. I try to do it every once in awhile.

We are working with Aldi for St. Mary's. If it happens I will announce it once a deal gets signed.

MarieB

We are working with Aldi for St. Mary's. If it happens I will announce it once a deal gets signed.

Pei Wei would be great too. It's owned by PF Chang's

I also sent them an e-mail abut a month ago. I think they would do really well here

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Pei Wei would be great too. It's owned by PF Chang's

I also sent them an e-mail abut a month ago. I think they would do really well here

They have alot of the same requirements as P.F. High density, high traffic areas. I am asked for cheescake factory and P.F.C. all the time. They want triple the population that we currently have in the area. I think they would do well here considering charles county is 2nd in the state for food and beverage sales.

RidgeChick

Welcome to Good Earth Natural Foods - www.goodearthnaturals.com

EvolutionIsBS

Suspended User
Potbelly's are sub shops located in Chicago and Wash DC.
They are way better than Subway or Quiznos.

Definitely looking forward to Potbelly's!

fatratcat

Aldi? Really? Why do we always round down in St. Mary's? Dare to dream people! If you can land an Aldi's, you can pull down a Trader Joe's!!! OK...I'm done. The Planning & Zoning people can go have a Bud Light next to the Flamingo's near the redwood decks on their trailers now.

vince77

shopping and amenities were built in Waldorf and people came...just what's headed for St. Mary's and Calvert....

population in Calvert increased almost 20% from 2000 to 2010...

Last edited:

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Aldi? Really? Why do we always round down in St. Mary's? Dare to dream people! If you can land an Aldi's, you can pull down a Trader Joe's!!! OK...I'm done. The Planning & Zoning people can go have a Bud Light next to the Flamingo's near the redwood decks on their trailers now.

Unfortunately they look at things like college degrees when they make their decisions and they say we don't have enough graduates. They don't look at rooftops and income as much as they should.