New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

SamSpade

Speaking of businesses - had to drive down to the park the other night to drop stuff off at a friends house. Noticed that the newly renovated theater was empty, parking lot dark.

Have you seen the inside yet? I only know of stuff other people have told me - that they've hugely up-scaled everything inside.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Have you seen the inside yet? I only know of stuff other people have told me - that they've hugely up-scaled everything inside.
I would say there weren't to many (if any) people taking in a show there that evening.
It was before 9pm and the place looked vacant.
Actually Lexington Park looked vacant - with a few excepts.

stgislander

PREMO Member
She said "wait until you get to taste some of my Peruvian seafood dishes". I'm hungry already.

From the way she described it, the "Mexican food" angle is just so she can people in the door to try what she considers the "good stuff".

I saw Delicious Destinations - Lima (Peru) last evening. Here's to hoping we get Ceviche and Anticuchos. :drool:

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
I went to go see GOTG Vol.2 Saturday at the newly revamped Lexington Park Theatre. The seats were nice and fully reclined. However, for a Saturday evening showing of a popular movie there were only 10 people in the theatre. Also, only one person was working. She had to sell tickets, hand out the 3d glasses, and serve people refreshments. it was less than ideal.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Mexican restaurant - Check
Pizza joint - Check
Nail salon - Check
Hair salon - Check
Liquor store - Check

We got all the bases covered.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mexican restaurant - Check
Pizza joint - Check
Nail salon - Check
Hair salon - Check
Liquor store - Check

We got all the bases covered.

oh boy...yet more options for getting my hair and nails done. :dye:

But we don't have enough liquor stores, so that's good too.

tipsymcgee

Café Rio is a chain, fast sit down/carryout, with an assembly line as you go through similar to Chipotle. I've been to the Waldorf one a few times and stuff is fast, fresh and good. They have $5 deals during the week at lunch. Wednesday is $5 tostadas and they're huge.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No church?? Guess that only happens in Calvert

We've looked in to leasing commercial space for our religious ceremonies. Can't find any that will allow the bon fires that are such an integral part of Druid practices. And we'd have to get a permit to drink our mead too..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member