New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

SamSpade

A recent business trip took me to Wilkes-Barre/ Poconos in PA. I spent an extra night and went driving around looking for a good locally owned place to have dinner. Pulled a u turn after passing an Italian restaurant whose parking lot was packed at 5PM (on a week night) and quickly saw why!
OMG! Pazos food was unbelievable and their staff professional, polite and awesome! I love hot Italian sausage and was told they buy it from a local butcher. It was THEE BEST I have ever had and I wish I could have brought some home. They also buy local fruits and veggies in season.
If you ever find yourself in that area, check them out. I will go to the buying show I attended again...just to go back there!

I used to live about a mile from that place. I forget what it was called when I lived there. The only thing I remember was, there was a Mafia-style hit that took place there one night - and a neighbor friend of ours moved away with his family right after.

EDIT: Checked the location again - the place I'm talking about is about 100 yards further south, near the seminary.
Still, living in that area, it's almost half Italian. Hard NOT to find a decent Italian restaurant.

Last edited:

LtownTaxpayer

I saw a blurb on Faceback that PetSmart is coming to St. Mary's. Is there any more information on this? Where will it be located? Will it have a Banfield vet hospital? I checked the PetSmart webpage, but there isn't a coming soon section.

Thanks!

frequentflier

happy to be living
I saw a blurb on Faceback that PetSmart is coming to St. Mary's. Is there any more information on this? Where will it be located? Will it have a Banfield vet hospital? I checked the PetSmart webpage, but there isn't a coming soon section.

Thanks!

I recall hearing about it earlier in the year. It was supposed to go beside Hobby Lobby. Haven't heard anything since. :shrug:

FettZilla

Yes! We can use a Mama Lucia Italian restaurant down here in St. Mary's County. I go up to the Prince Frederick one in Calvert County sometimes. Excellent food.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Thanks!

Have seen some very mixed ,weighted towards dissatisfaction, reviews about Banfield on the animal rescue pages I follow.

Restitution

So wish someone would open a Coney Island down here!!!

Would be perfect for lunchtime base business. From order to food on table in 10 min or less!

So wish someone would open a Coney Island down here!!!

Would be perfect for lunchtime base business. From order to food on table in 10 min or less!

I've had real Coney Island dogs and knish from the real Coney Island when I was a kid. Spent years looking for a knish that comes close. No luck. :ohwell:

Im_Me

Does anyone know what's going in to the new lot on Rt 4 in Prince Fred where they tore down the old white house (just south of the oil change place)? They sure are doing a lot of site prep!

Restitution

Yep, gourmet dogs, nobody has tried that....... oh wait......

Well, no one has tried a hot dog meal for less than $13-$15 if that is what you mean.

2 coney dogs with chili, mustard, onions..... some chili fries (or plain) and a drink for $7-8. All served in about 5-10 minutes after order!