New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Where is Horne's. The only Horne's I know of is on the intersection of RTs. 301 & 17 in Va.

That's the one the hoax article referred to..picture of the place and all. I'm there quite often, since it's on the way to either Norfolk/Little Creek or southern VA where our other property and family are. Frankly, have not eaten "sit down" there for a long time but still stop and get gas and a snack.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's the one the hoax article referred to..picture of the place and all. I'm there quite often, since it's on the way to either Norfolk/Little Creek or southern VA where our other property and family are. Frankly, have not eaten "sit down" there for a long time but still stop and get gas and a snack.

Somebody has a problem with geography, how the hell do you talk about a joint in Virginia in a thread about Southern Maryland?

Bad enough we have trouble defining what the boundaries are on the Maryland side, we then include Virginia.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Somebody has a problem with geography, how the hell do you talk about a joint in Virginia in a thread about Southern Maryland?

Bad enough we have trouble defining what the boundaries are on the Maryland side, we then include Virginia.

LOL..it came up in combination with the report of the demise of Saint Mary's Landing.....

lovinmaryland

They've got a really good greasy burger! :yum: Good ice cream too!

OldHillcrestGuy

Psst''' The new McKays in Charlotte Hall is in the works again, with completion date of 18 months. Works is already starting on the Charlotte Hall Rd. side, (with entrances and looks like curbing going in). I have seen Tommy McKay 2 times in the last month walking the lot and talking with workers.

Urbanite

Psst''' The new McKays in Charlotte Hall is in the works again, with completion date of 18 months. Works is already starting on the Charlotte Hall Rd. side, (with entrances and looks like curbing going in). I have seen Tommy McKay 2 times in the last month walking the lot and talking with workers.

Thanks for update any rumors as to what else will going in there ?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Talked with a fellow from Hobart Equipment who came to Lowe's to get some small parts he needed for the equipment he's installing at the new Harris Teeter.
If I understood him correctly, they should be open within a month or so after New Year's.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Talked with a fellow from Hobart Equipment who came to Lowe's to get some small parts he needed for the equipment he's installing at the new Harris Teeter.
If I understood him correctly, they should be open within a month or so after New Year's.

I would say some of that could depend on the weather as there seems to be a lot of asphalt that needs to be laid on the parking lot and roads.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yesterday, I saw a couple guys moving stuff into the old Pepperoni's at the Callaway Shopping Center. As I glanced over my shoulder into the side door, it appeared that the front windows were papered over.

Has anyone heard what could be moving in there?