New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I swear, they're going to have a helluva time with all that dirt and making a usable parking lot.

Still - it's much closer to home for me. It would be great as a convenience store for us.

You'll be shopping at Ulta? :lol:

I know what you meant. :wink:

The new Dollar General location is going to work out very well for me, too. :yay:

Clem72

Probaby simnilar to what the Aussies call Fosters......

Except not. Fosters is pretty much made for export and the Aussies make fun of it. Corona is the number 1 seller in Mexico, and is consistantly in the top 5 worldwide. It would be closer to saying it's like Bud. Except it sells better than Bud (both domestically and abroad).

Whether or not it's piss, that's a different discussion. I happen to like it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't doubt you one bit, I'm just surprised.

Seems to be the way things work. If someone has a successful business, it is a guarantee a competing one will pop up close by. Hence why there are THREE steakhouses within a mile of each other on 235. :lol:

MiddleGround

Seems to be the way things work. If someone has a successful business, it is a guarantee a competing one will pop up close by. Hence why there are THREE steakhouses within a mile of each other on 235. :lol:

Must be a winning idea (steak houses) around here because the places are packed every night of the week!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

And I still like my steaks the best. :lol:

Hank

my war
Greene Turtle in P. Fred is changing over to a independent brew pub as soon as the owner's contract is up, with The Turtle, this year...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nothing special... Food is comparable to a Crapplebee's...

That. I ate at the one in College Park. Once was enough.

They've put some GTs in airports too. Appropriate, I'd say..nobody expects good food in an airport terminal.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Greene Turtle in P. Fred is changing over to a independent brew pub as soon as the owner's contract is up, with The Turtle, this year...

Best thing to happen to the adult beverage market in this country was kicked off by the micro-brewery and wineries popping up around the country.
Now we have small craft distillers making some good spirits.
Some of it's for crap, but there is also some good stuff out there.

I wish them luck. Hopefully the beer is good and the food isn't bad.
My recommendation with the food - KISS - keep it simple stupid.
do a few good things. That and small plates.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Sorry about that.... :dead:

We went to the Green Turtle in LaPlata once. We waited, waited, and waited for a waitress.to come over to take our drink order. It didn't happen. We waited, waited, and waited for someone to take our dinner order. It didn't happen.

I picked up my cell phone, looked up their phone number and called the restaurant. The bartender picked up, politely, and asked how she could help. I told her to send a waitress over to our table. One finally arrived about five minutes later, all huffy. Had it not been late, and us hungry, we would have left. The manager gave us a $25 gift card to use our next visit, but we've never used it...three years later.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Best thing to happen to the adult beverage market in this country was kicked off by the micro-brewery and wineries popping up around the country.
Now we have small craft distillers making some good spirits.
Some of it's for crap, but there is also some good stuff out there.

The next craft beer and oysters event at Tall Timbers is about a month away....