New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Chris0nllyn

Any truth about a Panda Express taking over the Ruby Tuesday's building in P-Fred? I hope not!
Oh good god. Replace a shitty restaurant with another (but we both know Panda Express would have a packed parking lot for a bit until "OH, shiny new restaurant in Calvert" wears off).

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Any truth about a Panda Express taking over the Ruby Tuesday's building in P-Fred? I hope not!
That was what was reported a couple weeks ago. The article included a short interview with someone from corporate who is in the real estate department.

I'm going to once again remind all of you that this is what you wanted back when you whined to the various Boards of County Commissioners about not having restaurants, excuse me, dining experiences available.

Now you look up and ask, "What the **** did we do?". Which is what many of the former big landowners in Calvert have done after they sold their properties to grow houses on. Of course, the money softened the blow to them.

Hank

my war
Oh good god. Replace a shitty restaurant with another (but we both know Panda Express would have a packed parking lot for a bit until "OH, shiny new restaurant in Calvert" wears off).

Oh... Locals are gonna love that place! I'm sure they have been missing that God awful Chinese restaurant that was shut down by Health Inspectors over by Nagoya.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Are we talking about Ruby Tuesdays in First Colony or one in Calvert?
Panda Express has a store (and drive thru) in the "Market Place" (Harris Teeter) center at the intersection of 4 & 235 that just opened.

Savage

Overheard a conversation over the weekend that construction on the new McKays is expected to start within 2 - 3 months. All utilities are in, so it’s just a matter of constructing the buildings. Not sure if I believe it though. Also, anyone have any info on when the roundabout at the Tractor Supply is gonna begin. That intersection is already bad and is just going to be much worse with the new retail.

Anyone know what is going in NB 5 on the right before the Farmer's Market? Sign there now that says Public Hearing and a bunch of tents up that looked like some sort of ground breaking? Police directing traffic there on Tuesday also.

OldHillcrestGuy

Anyone know what is going in NB 5 on the right before the Farmer's Market? Sign there now that says Public Hearing and a bunch of tents up that looked like some sort of ground breaking? Police directing traffic there on Tuesday also.
Its been all over the papers last month or so. Its the new Veterans' Clinic, long over due. Will be completed hopefully spring of 2020.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Busineess leaving soon (if not already closed and gone).
Family Dollar is going out of business - nationwide.

Mad Moon Cafe announced they were closing. Shame, can't figure out what they need to do to get a decent crowd there.
Food was pretty good, coffee, tea. While I'm normally a coffee drinker it was a nice change of pace to have some of the teas they served, or the smoothies.

LtownTaxpayer

Busineess leaving soon (if not already closed and gone).
Family Dollar is going out of business - nationwide.

Mad Moon Cafe announced they were closing. Shame, can't figure out what they need to do to get a decent crowd there.
Food was pretty good, coffee, tea. While I'm normally a coffee drinker it was a nice change of pace to have some of the teas they served, or the smoothies.
We found their service to be very slow when we ordered sandwiches. My husband's sandwich came out and 15 minutes later mine was ready.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We found their service to be very slow when we ordered sandwiches. My husband's sandwich came out and 15 minutes later mine was ready.
:yeahthat: service was always terribly slow. Could never understand why though. There was absolutely no hussle in any of the food preppers.

We popped in for breakfast last Saturday: hardly anyone there, one sandwich ahead of us. We both ordered the same thing, a bagel with cream cheese, lox salmon, capers and tomatoes. It was amazing, but it took almost 20 mins for THAT. Why.

mudpuddle

Overheard a conversation over the weekend that construction on the new McKays is expected to start within 2 - 3 months. All utilities are in, so it’s just a matter of constructing the buildings. Not sure if I believe it though. Also, anyone have any info on when the roundabout at the Tractor Supply is gonna begin. That intersection is already bad and is just going to be much worse with the new retail.
Is there really going to be a roundabout at the intersection of Rt. 5 and Mt. Wolf Rd? Is this a done deal? I hope not....I don't do well with roundabouts!

glhs837

Power with Control
Concur with Mad Moon, just glacially slow. Aint nobody got time for a three ingredient sandwich that takes 20 minutes to bring to the table.

Family Dollar? Ol DG just beat them up. More variety, more brand names, more stuff I need every day like breads and small grocery stuff.

mudpuddle

Concur with Mad Moon, just glacially slow. Aint nobody got time for a three ingredient sandwich that takes 20 minutes to bring to the table.

Family Dollar? Ol DG just beat them up. More variety, more brand names, more stuff I need every day like breads and small grocery stuff.
I read somewhere that Dollar Tree owns Family Dollar. I love Dollar Tree! I hope we get one in Charlotte Hall!!!

LtownTaxpayer

:yeahthat: service was always terribly slow. Could never understand why though. There was absolutely no hussle in any of the food preppers.

We popped in for breakfast last Saturday: hardly anyone there, one sandwich ahead of us. We both ordered the same thing, a bagel with cream cheese, lox salmon, capers and tomatoes. It was amazing, but it took almost 20 mins for THAT. Why.
The second time it took just as long, so I asked why. The young man informed me that they were sandwich artists. And art takes time. LOL We went several times more, but we only went there when we had plenty of time to wait.