New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

nobody really

I need a nap
The company has probably noticed that the residents, especially the ones who have come down here from the I95 corridor to enlighten us, would rather patronize any chain operation than a good locally owned one.

so glad I don't work down there anymore. its a clusterf*ck of a county, not crap to do if you're single (go to sonic, go to cracker barrel, go to the liquor store, go boating in summer....see the same people, same one horse town). but yet they keep cycling retailers through that county.

LtownTaxpayer

The company has probably noticed that the residents, especially the ones who have come down here from the I95 corridor to enlighten us, would rather patronize any chain operation than a good locally owned one.

so glad I don't work down there anymore. its a clusterf*ck of a county, not crap to do if you're single (go to sonic, go to cracker barrel, go to the liquor store, go boating in summer....see the same people, same one horse town). but yet they keep cycling retailers through that county.
I wonder why you feel the need to keep up with a message board about a place that you clearly are glad you left. Those feelings may well be reciprocated. Perhaps you should find the message boards for the new place that you are inhabiting and just leave SOMD.com alone.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Here's the problem with SOME small, locally owned businesses. HOURS and SERVICE
What I've seen of the market down here in 20+ years is people like cheap.
The majority, like cheap and plentiful. They are not concerned with premium or higher end products when it comes to food and beverage.
The biggest threat to the two local candy companies isn't Rocky Mountain (which will saturate the market), but that most people probably buy their chocolate (candy) at WalMart or the Dollar Stores.
Cheaper and convient

mudpuddle

beachcat, hi! I see that you were from North Beach. I have never been but am planning to visit there in the Summer! Any places you would recommend?

nobody really

I need a nap
beachcat, hi! I see that you were from North Beach. I have never been but am planning to visit there in the Summer! Any places you would recommend?
Hi Mudpuddle! Neptunes has fabulous food, the north beach farmers market on Friday nights is a great place to people watch, they have local wine, local beers, etc.

mudpuddle

Hi Mudpuddle! Neptunes has fabulous food, the north beach farmers market on Friday nights is a great place to people watch, they have local wine, local beers, etc.
hey thanks! I definitely will check out Neptunes and I love farmers markets! I will try to go on a Friday!
I am not from SOMD, and never heard of North Beach until my daughter went there with friends, just about 2 years ago (after she had moved away from SOMD)! I wanted to go last year, but they had the bad floods! I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful views! I have lived here, Charlotte Hall, since 1996 and never heard anyone mention North Beach. I wonder why that is?

Last edited:

Clem72

Which is, as usual, an incorrect statement. Unless you learned to count in some alternate universe $70.99 ((Six Flags) is more than $19 (North Beach).

Now, if you want to argue whether one or the other is worth it then that's a different conversation.

Alright Aspy, this is what we call an exageration for comedic effect. Your next lesson will be in recognizing the difference between sarcasm and literalisms.

mudpuddle

I have not been to Six Flags in many years. Went once and said never again! You have to pay me to go there, and 70.00 would not be enough!!!

nobody really

I need a nap
Maybe it's because they charge a "Beach Fee" that's higher than six flags admission.
There is a beach fee, yes. Not as high as six flags. It ranges, if you're out of county, it may be as expensive as Six Flags. If so, go there. Stay away from North Beach.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
There is a beach fee, yes. Not as high as six flags. It ranges, if you're out of county, it may be as expensive as Six Flags. If so, go there. Stay away from North Beach.
Except it's not as expensive as Six Flags for out of County. The $19 was that fee last year. I don't know what it is for this year.