New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

1stGenSMIB

She's still alive? I thought she went the way of Vera...

She retired and sold/gifted the business is what I recall...I do not remember where she went, but my wife probably does.
No offense to anyone, but it is hard to tell with Asians..they never seem to age. You could be right, she could have been 100 years old for all I know.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
She retired and sold/gifted the business is what I recall...I do not remember where she went, but my wife probably does.
No offense to anyone, but it is hard to tell with Asians..they never seem to age. You could be right, she could have been 100 years old for all I know.
She had the business established at the old location on the Island when I moved to MD in 1990...

She had the business established at the old location on the Island when I moved to MD in 1990...
And the food there was great. When they moved to the 2nd location, their great dishes weren't so great anymore. I stopped going there shortly after they moved.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And the food there was great. When they moved to the 2nd location, their great dishes weren't so great anymore. I stopped going there shortly after they moved.
Agree. Actually, thinking back, Castaways was at the location, then followed by China Harbor and subsequent businesses.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I know the lady that started this business..she is very good at it (personal friend)...I don't even like Thai food, but I might go in there once or twice to eat! They are in the old China Harbor space.
Thanks for the head's up. When I was over in England recently, I was feeling a little under the weather. At a Thai restaurant that evening I ordered Thai Tom Yum soup. First time I've had it. I believe it was the BEST soup I've ever eaten. I hope I can get my Tom Yum fix there.

TPD

the poor dad
Sorry if I missed it before, but does anyone know what is going next to Cedar Point Credit Union - and behind the Firehouse Subs on Route 235 at Chancellors Run? tia.

Dr Jenny Hawkins dentistry. Currently on GMR moving to new location next to CPFCU

Thanks for the head's up. When I was over in England recently, I was feeling a little under the weather. At a Thai restaurant that evening I ordered Thai Tom Yum soup. First time I've had it. I believe it was the BEST soup I've ever eaten. I hope I can get my Tom Yum fix there.
Thai Inter in California makes a very good Tom Yum. I get it there often in the fall and winter. Once in a while they have summer rolls too.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Thai Inter in California makes a very good Tom Yum. I get it there often in the fall and winter. Once in a while they have summer rolls too.
I've not had much luck there. The few times I went there specifically, they were closed. It got to the point I thought they were out of business. I'll give them another shot.

luvmygdaughters

On my way to work this morning, I saw a new place had opened or, getting ready to open, where the old Ginnys Country Diner was on 235, in Mechanicsville . It's now a Pizza Boli's.

stgislander

PREMO Member
On my way to work this morning, I saw a new place had opened or, getting ready to open, where the old Ginnys Country Diner was on 235, in Mechanicsville . It's now a Pizza Boli's.
Is that a chain? I seem to remember going to a Pizza Boli's in Rehobeth Beach back in the early 90's.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The County Commissioners have absolutely nothing to do with beach passes in North Beach. The season fee last year for out of County was $400, in County was $200. Both categories saw the highest sales ever. Overall last year there were around 38,000 paid admissions to the beach in North Beach. July 4th was the largest one day total ever at $35,000. July 4th on June 30th (the day of the fireworks) saw total admissions of around $20,000.

ok. Someone decided not to sell season passes to out of county residents during the 2019 season. Where did you find those statistics, I can't even find the link on the prices for this year, but they are posted at the beach
I'm sorry, I didn't see this until just now.
Those numbers are actuals presented by the North Beach Waterfront Supervisor at the monthly Town Council meetings last year.
If you go on the North Beach website they still may be linked, I don't know how long the reports stay up. You'd be looking for the July, August and September 2018 meetings.

The new Mayor changed the minutes and reports format so I don't know if you'd look at the corresponding months for 2019 if they'd have comparisons to last year. They used to.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Saw a post on the mayor of Leonardtown's FB page that Action Lounge and Billiards is going in next to Leonardtown Grill and will be opening in about a month. This is the shopping center where Salsa's is.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Also, Mike Hewitt is planning on and is in the process of restoring, renovating, and reopening Tall Timbers Tavern AKA The Knotty Pine. Lots of memories from there!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Herring Creek Furniture is opening up in the Cecil's Old Mill building in Great Mills on Thursday.