New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Also, Mike Hewitt is planning on and is in the process of restoring, renovating, and reopening Tall Timbers Tavern AKA The Knotty Pine. Lots of memories from there!

I was stunned to see, from Mike's posts on FB, that the interior is as it always was. I had assumed that Walt had converted it all to living space!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Also, Mike Hewitt is planning on and is in the process of restoring, renovating, and reopening Tall Timbers Tavern AKA The Knotty Pine. Lots of memories from there!

There was talk at one time about moving the restaurant over at Chief's into there. That obviously fell through.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Building lower right...The former Tall Timbers Tavern...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Don't expect TTT to be open anytime soon. Reading his posts, he is shooting to have it open in time for his 50th class reunion...in 2021. :ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was stunned to see, from Mike's posts on FB, that the interior is as it always was. I had assumed that Walt had converted it all to living space!
I was surprised, too. It's as I remember it from my childhood. It will be great to see it restored to how it was way back when.