New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Hank

my war
and what is the problem with the Taphouse? Don't have your beer on tap?

Wasn't quite a "taphouse"... They specialized in Miller Lite & Coors Light... And the food was horrible! Not to mention the clientele that had the cops there every other night...

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Wasn't quite a "taphouse"... They specialized in Miller Lite & Coors Light... And the food was horrible! Not to mention the clientele that had the cops there every other night...
serious question, have you been there since the first month it opened? It's done a total 180. I don't think I see anything but unique and local beers. They've also really shaped up their bar food menu. My favorites are all the bollywood-taphouse crossovers like the chicken naan pizzas and the chicken makhni tacos 🤤 I invite myself to my husband's work happy hours there all the time just for some makhni tacos.

Hank

my war
serious question, have you been there since the first month it opened? It's done a total 180. I don't think I see anything but unique and local beers. They've also really shaped up their bar food menu. My favorites are all the bollywood-taphouse crossovers like the chicken naan pizzas and the chicken makhni tacos 🤤 I invite myself to my husband's work happy hours there all the time just for some makhni tacos.

Well, it's done a 360. They are closed down... Are we talking about the same Taphouse?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Chi-coms flag flying out front, staff didn't appear to be local.
I only find it interesting that it's an Irish Pub. Ran into a fair number of Chinese restaurants in western Europe. One place where the local language isn't a problem. Just one from column A, 2 from Column B.

Tech

I only find it interesting that it's an Irish Pub. Ran into a fair number of Chinese restaurants in western Europe. One place where the local language isn't a problem. Just one from column A, 2 from Column B.
After posting, did a little research, it appears to be owned by a corp that own several. Off shore investment?

BernieP

Resident PIA
I highly recommend Taphouse 1647 in California (Just across 235 from the Outback.
They opened on Sunday for a fundraiser, live band, children were on the premises and there wasn't a problem.
If it weren't for the music, it would be like a local Cheers, the staff likes to know the people that show up, typically a friendly crowd, always seems to have something going on, music, karaoke, trivia, even a comedy night.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
New restaurant coming to the square in Leonardtown later this year (Nov/Dec) called Sweetbay Restaurant and Bar. They are currently advertising for an Executive Chef and say the restaurant will seat 94.

Also, Keepin' It Local in Morganza is closing. Storewide 35% off sale is going on now.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
New restaurant coming to the square in Leonardtown later this year (Nov/Dec) called Sweetbay Restaurant and Bar. They are currently advertising for an Executive Chef and say the restaurant will seat 94.

Also, Keepin' It Local in Morganza is closing. Storewide 35% off sale is going on now.
I saw that post this morning. I look forward to it. But I don't consider Leonardtown Seaside...