New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

CRHS89

I think I saw an "open" sign in the new strip mall next to Penny's in Leonardtown. Looked like Dominoes? Goodie, we didn't have enough pizza places...especially carry out.

jrt_ms1995

I think I saw an "open" sign in the new strip mall next to Penny's in Leonardtown. Looked like Dominoes? Goodie, we didn't have enough pizza places...especially carry out.
I hear there'll be a Mexican restaurant on each side of the new Domino's!

Chris0nllyn

A while back there was mention of a Royal Farms going into Dunkirk area, but wondering if it's more the Huntingtown area near Cox Road where all the land is now cleared off? Calvert has been taking a hit from the locals for expansion of all the town centers and removing the major and minor distinction and just classifying them all as simply "town centers." There is also a new church proposed in the area of Cox Road but unsure if that could be it or if the church is further down Cox Road.

Cox rd and rt.4 is going to be a church.

SamSpade

One of my issues with subdivisions, production speed overrules best practices sometimes. Virtually nobody with a belt fed drill-gun can keep up with a skilled guy with a hammer who sets one nail per hit.

Worked for YEARS with a guy who could drive a 16p nail into pressure treated 2x6 with one hit. The BEST I could ever do was three.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Not a new business post, Big Larry's in Leonardtown will be closing in March I read. Larry passed away.
Just read The Slice House is going to take over the building in May to sell their bagels and have a whole pie carryout. They are not moving from their current location. From their FB page:

The sales of our bagels been amazing! Until we move to our new location in May we are limited to about 500 a day which is a huge number. If tommorow ( Sunday ) is the same as this week we WILL sell out ... I'll post in the am when we getting low. Get yours early! Easy everyone! New location is for the Bagels and whole pie carryout @ the current Big Larry's. The current Slice House isn't changing at all !

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just read The Slice House is going to take over the building in May to sell their bagels and have a whole pie carryout. They are not moving from their current location. From their FB page:
Have you tried their pizza yet? I haven't. I'm not a big bagel fan either.

Bonehead

Pho Delight is opening soon Feb something...in the old roost /lexington building. It would be nice to get a good bowl of Pho.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My wife brought pizza home from the Slice House last night. It was 6 big slices for just over $25. She got there very close to closing so I guess they were willing to offload what they had. It was a mix of their Supreme and an Asian Fusion special they had. Both were very good. The thin crust was perfect.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Their Chicago Electric tools are made by the same company that makes the Kobalt power tools for Lowe's.
We need a Home Depot. Lowes has a tendency to sell cheap Chinese made "STUFF", Home Depot does too, but sells some good quality "stuff" too, at least gives you a choice. now I go to Lowes, and end up buying better stuff from Amazon. Not taking a chance with a cheap sump pump or grinder..

OldHillcrestGuy

Sweet Frog Charlotte Hall closed for good. New pharmacy (Mom/Pop) kind going in where the Sun Tan place was beside Dunkin Donuts and Pizza Hut carryout in Charlotte Hall. They are calling it Tidewater but has no connection to the old Tidewater. Dont know why you'd name it the same name, seems like it would confuse people.

GregV814

Maybe it’s been said, but the old Kmart in PF is being transformed into a very small mini mall with marginal stores enclosed...

glhs837

Power with Control
We need a Home Depot. Lowes has a tendency to sell cheap Chinese made "STUFF", Home Depot does too, but sells some good quality "stuff" too, at least gives you a choice. now I go to Lowes, and end up buying better stuff from Amazon. Not taking a chance with a cheap sump pump or grinder..

I've been using the Kobalt battery stuff with great results. Not cheap, but love it. Latest addition was the 5 inch grinder, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-5-i...Angle-Grinder-Battery-Not-Included/1000660979