New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Stumbled across a mention of this place on FB and I didn't even know it was there.

WRC is designed to simplify the lives of our customers by offering a wide range of recreational activities in a single location:

·Adult and Youth Leagues· ·Game/Tournament Play· ·Sport Training·
·Group Fitness Classes· ·Weight and Cardio Training·
·Special Events· ·Corporate Events· ·Birthday Parties· ·Youth Camps and Clinics·

WRC features a Sports Arena, a Batting Cage, a Fitness Gym, Multipurpose Rooms, and Locker Rooms.

The arena is Hardcourt or Turf for Games and/or Practice in Soccer, Lacrosse, Flag Football, Field Hockey, Roller Hockey, Basketball, Futsal, Dodgeball, Volleyball, Pickleball, and Baseball or Softball.

46961 Bradley Blvd, Lexington Park, MD 20653
Hours
Mon-Thurs: 5am-11pm
Friday: 5am-12am
Saturday: 7am to 12am
Sunday: 7am to 9pm

They also have an onsite bar and grill called Sidelines.

BernieP

Resident PIA
You will have to give it a few weeks.....
Terrible experience
I don't know if friends thought it was "terrible" but they did say give it a few months to work things out.
Almost said to work the bugs out, not a word you want to hear associated with a restaurant. :)
No complaints about the phood

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I don't know if friends thought it was "terrible" but they did say give it a few months to work things out.
Almost said to work the bugs out, not a word you want to hear associated with a restaurant. :)
No complaints about the phood
The food was terrible also......
.....but I’ll give it time

nelsonmuntz

Has anyone noticed they are clearing land by Lexington Exchange? Has anyone heard what's going into the 2 mixed use buildings going in?

SamSpade

Has anyone noticed they are clearing land by Lexington Exchange? Has anyone heard what's going into the 2 mixed use buildings going in?

Best I could find ---

Sooo - does that mean the gravel pit is going to shut down?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Best I could find ---

Sooo - does that mean the gravel pit is going to shut down?
Thx

awpitt

Main Streeter
I believe I read(on here),that Home Depot pulled out when the county commisioners asked for HD to build a indoor swimming pool.

I think you're confusing that with the zoning battle over BJ's when First Colony was first built. The county wanted a theater to be part of First Colony. Developer said it wasn't feasible. Deal was made. Developer was allowed to go ahead with BJ's. In return, developer built the Great Mills pool.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Looks like Bollywood and the Taphouse will end up losing some of their already scarce parking lot if that new development gets done.
235 will need another lane, at least from Oak Crest north if only to allow traffic to "merge".
The two northbound lanes will be further jammed with that development.
Once again, the "Smart Growth" plan will bite the commuters, i.e. working taxpayers, in the ass.
Because the road improvements won't come until well after the impact of the construction.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The former Cheeseburger in Paradise building in the Wildewood Shopping Center will be home to The Greene Turtle Bar and Grille. Should be opening in September.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I was hoping for a Home Depot.
My employer needs a major competitor to shake things up.
After trying to shop there the other day, I would agree.
Nobody on the floor to ask for help. Looked like only one checkout besides self service was open.
Shelves were bare in a few places. Well, maybe more than a few.
What gives?

BernieP

Resident PIA
The former Cheeseburger in Paradise building in the Wildewood Shopping Center will be home to The Greene Turtle Bar and Grille. Should be opening in September.
I was wondering about that. I heard it was on, then heard it was off. Then heard someone say they will be working there when it opens.

Construction or at least ground work, has started on the Lexington Exchange build - behind the Theater.
A lot of people have the same reaction, Wildewood is across the street and has openings, San Soucci has openings, First Colony, Laurel Glenn,

All I can say is I wish them luck.