New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Homer J

Power Chord
Ashley is owned by Regency I believe. Whats not coming to So.Md or should I say leaving SoMd. is Burger King and KFC. on Great Mills Road.
Spoke to a guy that worked at Raley's in Waldorf. The old Raley's on GMR is going to have Ashley on one side and Raley's on the other side. Two separate entrances.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My experience has been hit or miss with Ashley. Current spare bedroom set I have is from Ashley and its no different from something from Bob's (real cheap crap). I've had my best value for the buck from Value City Furniture. Not sure they still exist in Waldorf.
VCF is still in Waldorf.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Ashley is owned by Regency I believe. Whats not coming to So.Md or should I say leaving SoMd. is Burger King and KFC. on Great Mills Road.
Both have been poorly managed. Never a fan of BK, but the KFC has gone down the old crapper.
When Lexington Park Ford moves up to California it's going to leave a real dark hole on the road.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I dont think we need a Home Depot in Calvert County. I don't care for Sneade's at all, "Builder UP" is 50/50. Jim's in PF and Dunkirk is just hardware. The clientele of HD is not desired, the employees are rated almost 0 by recent customer polls . Let them stay in Charles and Prince Georges.

I'm Greg, and I approve this message.
I'm with you on not caring for Sneades. They are the all junk China-Mart of the 'hardware' category, and stupid knick-knack business; all high priced crap. I swear, when I have gone in there, I can't tell if I've entered a Hallmark store or a hardware store.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I will have to check that out, I am looking for some decent furniture. I've been advised that Regency is basically junk.
Drove to Waldorf and went thru all of those stores. I wasn't impressed with any of them. Lots of pressboard and cheaply made. I wound up at a 'real' furniture store (Furniture Gallery in Prince Frederick) and paid more but got something of quality. They also provide much better after sales service.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Anyone have the scoop on Niko's in the square? Saw activity and lights on there last week.... I think Niko's sign was down too

BernieP

Resident PIA
Anyone have the scoop on Niko's in the square? Saw activity and lights on there last week.... I think Niko's sign was down too
They closed before the COVID shutdown. Not sure, but it had something to do with the health of the owner and nobody to run the business.
I'm sure COVID sealed the deal.

Homer J

Power Chord
Ashley, Regency and Marlo are all owned by the same company.
Don't forget Raley's. They are part of the same conglomerate now.

We've been on a furniture binge this year. Bought a bed from Raley's; a bed and 2 mattresses from VCF; a bed, dresser, and nightstands from Ashley; a mattress and sectional sofa from Furniture Gallery; and a recliner from La-Z-Boy.

So far, been pretty happy with all of the purchases. Although, haven't received the sectional or recliner yet. Probably won't get the sectional until December or January. La-Z-Boy says to expect 4-6 months for delivery of the recliner.

When we walked into Furniture Gallery to look at the sectionals the salesman knew us. Turns out, he was the one that sold us the bed at Raley's eight months ago.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Ashley, Regency and Marlo are all owned by the same company.

Don't forget Raley's. They are part of the same conglomerate now.
Just like the jewelry outlets Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, and JamesAllen.com, all under one master company ~ Signet Jewelers. Just like the eyeglass makers and sellers.

So the question is ..... Are they fake competing with each other via, sales, discounts, percent off suite sales, etc., to give the impression of savings to the gullible public? How does one know if they are indeed getting a good deal?

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

Just like the jewelry outlets Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, and JamesAllen.com, all under one master company ~ Signet Jewelers. Just like the eyeglass makers and sellers.

So the question is ..... Are they fake competing with each other via, sales, discounts, percent off suite sales, etc., to give the impression of savings to the gullible public? How does one know if they are indeed getting a good deal?
I saw a video on the eyeglass organized crime family. Oakley was like the only manufacturer not in the conglomerate and more or less got forced off the shelf.