New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

tipsymcgee

Is White Castle the same as Little Tavern? I remember my father bringing home a bag of burgers from Little Tavern, always a treat.
I'm not 100 sure if they're related, but believe Little Tavern to be more of a DC Metro thing. There was one out in Alexandria about 25 years ago still, but unsure if it's still there. They were delicious. Mini Five Guys.

Yossarian

I'm not 100 sure if they're related, but believe Little Tavern to be more of a DC Metro thing. There was one out in Alexandria about 25 years ago still, but unsure if it's still there. They were delicious. Mini Five Guys.
I remember growing up there was definitely one in Towson. I think they've been gone for at least 20 -25 years or more.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I've said before that I remember either a Little Tavern or a White Castle near The Block in Baltimore in the mid 80's. I remember seeing signs in the window for Bag of Burgers. For the life of me I can't remember what it was though.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Is White Castle the same as Little Tavern? I remember my father bringing home a bag of burgers from Little Tavern, always a treat.
No idea about Little Tavern, as I'm a Come From Elsewhere resident.

When I was a kid, Burger Chef would have the buy em by the bag thing on the weekends.

Place in my hometown, W Springfield, MA, same simple menu since 1939, in the original building.
Family was going to close the business, 4th generation wasn't interested in keeping it open.
A local philanthropist bought it to keep a local landmark in business.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No, because you're emptied right out one way or the other, squatting or barfing.

But that won't stop me from getting my fill when I can.
We'd just gotten our big bag o' sliders at the White Castle in north Indianapolis when my truck decided to puke the power steering hose and empty the fluid all over their parking lot. An omen..I swear it was.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We'd just gotten our big bag o' sliders at the White Castle in north Indianapolis when my truck decided to puke the power steering hose and empty the fluid all over their parking lot. An omen..I swear it was.
When on a trip to NY, I hit up WC before I leave Long Island. On one occasion, the 3 double cheese burgers caused me great gastric distress, but if you are familiar with the LIE and Southern State, there aren't many suitable places to stop. Had to buckle my sphincter until I got to a rest stop on the Jersey Turnpike, and by then I was desperate. Had to think if I really wanted WC on the next trip up.

Yes, I did.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

When on a trip to NY, I hit up WC before I leave Long Island. On one occasion, the 3 double cheese burgers caused me great gastric distress, but if you are familiar with the LIE and Southern State, there aren't many suitable places to stop. Had to buckle my sphincter until I got to a rest stop on the Jersey Turnpike, and by then I was desperate. Had to think if I really wanted WC on the next trip up.

Yes, I did.
Ahhh, class. The 'ol sphincter pucker and tightening. Ever had felt a moment where you wanted to just pass a wee bit of gas while walking or driving .... and then .... PANIC!!!!! Might not just apply to WC.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No, because you're emptied right out one way or the other, squatting or barfing.

But that won't stop me from getting my fill when I can.
Will have to say, sliders, either White Castle or Krystal down South, have never given me any gastric distress. Been told I have a cast iron stomach.