New Car Shopping

Since Jan 1st 2022, have you bought a new, not used, vehicle and did you pay above or below sticker?

• I bought a new vehicle and paid LESS than MSRP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bought a new vehicle and paid MORE than MSRP.

• Was going to buy new vehicle until I saw how bad salesman was screwing me so said F U!

• Total voters

TPD

the poor dad
Has anyone bought a new, not used, vehicle lately? Did you pay sticker price, below sticker, or market adjustment price? How much above or below sticker? I hate the whole car buying process, especially now with supply issues. How much is a jar of Vaseline currently fetching?

And how much did you pay in dealer processing fees?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Most new sales now are by order, none of the dealers have any real stock, and talking to salesman at Toyota, Hyundai, and Ford, when they do order stock they are sold before the truck gets here.

I wonder if we'd be better off ordering online, no "Market Adjustment Price", that the local dealers tack on. Last new car I looked at had an additional 7K MAP on it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My sister was looking at gently used cars at the dealerships, but went with brand new because it was only a couple Ks more. She had to wait a few weeks for delivery.

TPD

the poor dad
Most new sales now are by order, none of the dealers have any real stock, and talking to salesman at Toyota, Hyundai, and Ford, when they do order stock they are sold before the truck gets here.

I wonder if we'd be better off ordering online, no "Market Adjustment Price", that the local dealers tack on. Last new car I looked at had an additional 7K MAP on it.
Ouch $7k! Any dealer with a market adjustment price, I immediately walk out. Isn’t there a law against price gouging?

I would not mind ordering a vehicle but there is no guarantee on timeframe of arrival. 3-6months or more. Talked to a salesman Monday who Had just received a vehicle a customer ordered 14 months ago!

And right now we are in the model year changeover so salesman suggested if we do want to order to wait another month for 2023 model year ordering, otherwise there could be issues with options we may or may not want.

glhs837

Power with Control
It's not gouging since the factory price is only the suggested price. Wife's been looking, and yeah, pricing is silly. She's had an outstanding order for a Maverick for five months now, and they cross our feed anywhere from 5-10k over

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I just bought a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited 2 weeks ago. Had to pay MSRP, they are selling them off the trucks before they get to dealers. BUT..they did give me $22k for my 2019 Hyundai Kona Ultimate with 70k miles on it that I paid $26k for 3yrs ago. So, I'm up $40 more a month on payments for 5yrs...I'm happy with the deal. Plus my insurance went down due to all the safety features the Tucson has.

DaSDGuy

A lot of features are being left off new cars because of shortages. No blindspot sensors on some. Check the window sticker to make sure you are getting what you expect.