New Cat Person

Homer J

Power Chord
Well we did it. Adopted a kitten from PAWS when they were at Petco on saturday. Cute little guy. He'll be 3 months old on December 9th.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can get him to sit still long enough.

Congrats and good luck. I've got one who is about 4 years old. He still hasn't figured out that he's not a tiger.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Well we did it. Adopted a kitten from PAWS when they were at Petco on saturday. Cute little guy. He'll be 3 months old on December 9th.

We are owned by 2 PAWS kitties :) Maybe you will consider a second?

Now that you have a cat, you need this website.

Homer J

Power Chord
Well, here he is. He's already starting to pi$$ me off. This morning, he went and peed in his litter box and then immediately headed to a dark corner of the dining room to crap. WTF. Better get your act straight Maverick.

View attachment 56897

Last edited:
M

Mousebaby

Well, here he is. He's already starting to pi$$ me off. This morning, he went and peed in his litter box and then immediately headed to a dark corner of the dining room to crap. WTF. Better get your act straight Maverick.

View attachment 56897

Get a second litter box and put it there where he pooped. Some cats don't like to poop where they pee. :shrug: Just one of those weird cat things. He may also want it covered so you can't see him. He might be a bit shy. :blushing:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Get a second litter box and put it there where he pooped. Some cats don't like to poop where they pee. :shrug: Just one of those weird cat things. He may also want it covered so you can't see him. He might be a bit shy. :blushing:

Hmm. I always wondered why both my cats use one litter box for #1 and the other for #2 (most of the time). I guess when they wait too long to go, they use whichever one is closest. :lol:

Homer J

Power Chord

He's pooped in the box before but this is like the third time he has used the carpet. The other night, he was in my son's bedroom with the box right there and he pooped on the floor next to it.

May have to give the second box a try. Thanks.

M

Mousebaby

He's pooped in the box before but this is like the third time he has used the carpet. The other night, he was in my son's bedroom with the box right there and he pooped on the floor next to it.

Not a problem I got 6 cats and 8 boxes. FUN! :lmao:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Not a problem I got 6 cats and 8 boxes. FUN! :lmao:

My sister had you beat for a time. She had 5 adult cats and her two females got preggers at the same time and each had 6 kittens. She saw the error in her ways and found homes for all the kittens and 4 out of the 5 adults. She kept one herself.

Geek

View attachment 56897

You might want to confine him to a smaller space with the littler box at first, while he adjusts. Congrats on the new baby!

H

HouseCat

You might want to confine him to a smaller space with the littler box at first, while he adjusts. Congrats on the new baby!
that might be the trick. that's what I do with my cats.

If all else fails, just PM me! I'll take him! He's adorable! I don't have carpet.

I

Inkpen

Congrats!!
He is so cute!!!

You might consider using different litter...the finer the better.
It is all about "feel" they have to dig in the litter and then cover it.
Takes more time than just a quick squat and pee.
So, perhaps it is the texture or the odor.

I use Fresh Step and muy guys are good with their habits.

Good Luck!
:howdy: