New Computer - Game suggestions?

warneckutz

Ok, so I purchased a new desktop (first one since 2003 I think). I've got an Xbox One and I'm more of a console person but I'm trying to find a few games for this "gaming rig". It's got high-end CPU power and a graphics so I'd like to get something that pushes today's limits.

Flight sims? War/battle?

Indoyota

Ok, so I purchased a new desktop (first one since 2003 I think). I've got an Xbox One and I'm more of a console person but I'm trying to find a few games for this "gaming rig". It's got high-end CPU power and a graphics so I'd like to get something that pushes today's limits.

Flight sims? War/battle?
Do you have Steam?

Indoyota

So, you should check out Kerbal Space Program. It's almost like a space sim. It can be heavy on the CPU. Also, the community for KSP is really big. Lots of mods, to include graphical. Highly recommend.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Think about Flight Sim. I've been playing for years. I joined a virtual airline and I fly on the VATSIM network with other online pilots and air traffic controllers.

Clem72

Player Unknown Battlegrounds
The Division 2

Assassins Creed Odyssey

None of which actually push the limits for a gaming rig.

Unfortunately, given that all of the major consoles (except switch) for the last several generations have been stripped down PCs using AMD graphics games are no longer built from scratch to optimize performance for each platform. Instead they are designed for the least common denominator with slight tweaks if anything.

That means even the best new games coming out today are currently being designed not to stress the Xbox One (so they will run well on a PS4, or Xbox One X or PS4 Pro, or PC). You may be able to turn the texture quality up a notch, or enable more lighting effects, or better antialiasing, but fundamentally it's the same game.

That's why if you are gaming at 1080p you can run most of the newest games with all features maxxed out a 6+ year old video card like the NVIDIA GTX 980 or AMD R9 290x.

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
I suggest downloading Leisure Suite Larry to max out and push your new rig to the limits..

• Haha
Reactions: BOP