New EV subsidy proposal.

glhs837

Power with Control
First off, big letters before people start tossing grenades my way.

I DO NOT SUPPORT GOVT EV SUBSIDIES!!!!!!! THE GOVT SHOULD LET MARKET FORCES DRIVE CHANGE LIKE THIS.

Now that that's out of the way here's the proposal.

$12,500 for US and union made EVs

$10000 for US but non-union made RVs.

I have not seen if they are taking an immediate rebate, or a tax credit like the last one. Tax credit doesn't help folks who dont actually pay any taxes at the end of the year. They actually want to cut Tesla a better deal than I expected them too. If this holds, they (well, all of you, thanks!!!) will be buying me the Full Self Driving suite for my Cybertruck.

So, Ford Mustang Mach-E? No incentive. Lighting Eff-Onefiddy, yep, although if they make the battery pack in Mexico, does that count? I think VW is planning on making EVS here in the states, and they do have a union, just not the UAW.

DaSDGuy

First off, big letters before people start tossing grenades my way.

I DO NOT SUPPORT GOVT EV SUBSIDIES!!!!!!! THE GOVT SHOULD LET MARKET FORCES DRIVE CHANGE LIKE THIS.

Now that that's out of the way here's the proposal.

$12,500 for US and union made EVs

$10000 for US but non-union made RVs.

I have not seen if they are taking an immediate rebate, or a tax credit like the last one. Tax credit doesn't help folks who dont actually pay any taxes at the end of the year. They actually want to cut Tesla a better deal than I expected them too. If this holds, they (well, all of you, thanks!!!) will be buying me the Full Self Driving suite for my Cybertruck.

So, Ford Mustang Mach-E? No incentive. Lighting Eff-Onefiddy, yep, although if they make the battery pack in Mexico, does that count? I think VW is planning on making EVS here in the states, and they do have a union, just not the UAW.
Don't worry. The gubmint will get their tax money subsidies back when they charge all of us for the wind and solar farms needed to generate the electricity. And expect a wind turbine or two in your yard because they will need a lot of them.

glhs837

Power with Control
Don't worry. The gubmint will get their tax money subsidies back when they charge all of us for the wind and solar farms needed to generate the electricity. And expect a wind turbine or two in your yard because they will need a lot of them.

Not my "yard" literally has no open space, its four acres of old growth forest, a driveway and house :) Honeslty, I would prefer a couple of nuke plants, but thats me :)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yeah our ' southern exposure is blocked by trees ... it would be nice if a Telsa wall pack could recharge from the sun during the day and charge the car at night

DaSDGuy

They will either find a way or charge you more for not putting up the wind turbines. They won't ask and you won't have a choice.
It's for the common good, right? And don't forget about those poor polar bears.

Bare-ya-cuda

Let’s not forget the gov will have to make up for all that lost gas tax revenue as well.

glhs837

Power with Control
Let’s not forget the gov will have to make up for all that lost gas tax revenue as well.

Yeah, I've not seen a good formula for that yet. A mileage tax seems overly intrusive, a flat fee seems like it's asking too much from low mileage drivers and doesn't ask enough from high mile burners.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just FYI, Giant has installed a pair of EV charge stations. Right where handicap parking should be....

DaSDGuy

Just FYI, Giant has installed a pair of EV charge stations. Right where handicap parking should be....
I wonder if they will enforce who gets to use the charging space? Can I park there even if I'm not charging? I mean, they don't seem to enforce handicap parking either so anybody could park in the charging space.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wonder if they will enforce who gets to use the charging space? Can I park there even if I'm not charging? I mean, they don't seem to enforce handicap parking either so anybody could park in the charging space.
Ahma get me a handicapped electrical vehicle driver sign...and add to it that I'm blind and a deaf-mute to make sure. I got this.

DaSDGuy

Ahma get me a handicapped electrical vehicle driver sign...and add to it that I'm blind and a deaf-mute to make sure. I got this.
Hopefully they put the user instructions in braille to make it easy for you to charge.
I tried using the Botts' dots (those raised bumps between lanes) as braille to understand where I was going when on the freeway but all I did was develop a stutter when I read them out loud.

glhs837

Power with Control

You can, you'd be a dick for doing so, but sure. Just like leaving your car at a crowded gas pump while you do inside for a Slurpeeee. In China they actually installed barriers that dont drop unless an EV pulls in.

Grumpy

My ex-boss had a handicapped placard, he had his neighbor (gynecologist) fill out the paperwork for it.

DaSDGuy

You can, you'd be a dick for doing so, but sure. Just like leaving your car at a crowded gas pump while you do inside for a Slurpeeee. In China they actually installed barriers that dont drop unless an EV pulls in.
Agree. But they don't enforce handicap spots now. Better idea - put handicap spots up close and ticket/tow abusers. Put EV charging spaces as far away as possible. EV drivers are health conscious and won't mind the walk.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Agree. But they don't enforce handicap spots now. Better idea - put handicap spots up close and ticket/tow abusers. Put EV charging spaces as far away as possible. EV drivers are health conscious and won't mind the walk.
Just what I thought. Put the charge stations on the other side of the parking lot.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I saw an ad for a kit you can buy for any car that is just a dummy charging socket made entirely of plastic. Mount that on the side of your car and park in any EV spot you want to...just plull in and plug in.