New Family Member

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Meet Gilly, born 24 June. He has doubled in size since we got him, a month ago. Current weight, 21 lbs.

Attachments

• Gilly Mud.jpg
    Gilly Mud.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 1,016

mAlice

professional daydreamer
gentle giants!!!

Yep, that's one of the reasons we chose a GP. Good family pets, loyal, gentle with kids, LSG dogs (we have chickens), smart. A little stubborn, but that can be trained out. A bonus is, if they are born outside to LSG dogs, they tend to like the outdoors, and will spend more time out than in. Gilly was born on a farm, in a barn, where there are several LSG dogs for the chickens and goats. I thought we'd have trouble while housebreaking him, but he went right out in the rain, and likes it. He will be an indoor/outdoor dog.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Yep, that's one of the reasons we chose a GP. Good family pets, loyal, gentle with kids, LSG dogs (we have chickens), smart. A little stubborn, but that can be trained out. A bonus is, if they are born outside to LSG dogs, they tend to like the outdoors, and will spend more time out than in. Gilly was born on a farm, in a barn, where there are several LSG dogs for the chickens and goats. I thought we'd have trouble while housebreaking him, but he went right out in the rain, and likes it. He will be an indoor/outdoor dog.

What is LSG?

luvmygdaughters

Not sure where my friend got hers, but, in the summer, she cant keep them out of the pool!! Her fiance has a couple of kids and these dogs are great with them!! I'm sure you'll get years of fun out of Gilly!!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not sure where my friend got hers, but, in the summer, she cant keep them out of the pool!! Her fiance has a couple of kids and these dogs are great with them!! I'm sure you'll get years of fun out of Gilly!!

They have been bred for working in the Pyrenean Mountains, have a weather resistant double coat, so they prefer cooler weather. I suspect I'll be shaving Gilly at least once a year. Good thing I have a pool!