new here

newnickname

Hi, I moved to the area recently from North Carolina. St. Mary's feels like home already. I'm trying to settle in, but unfortunately have not come across the best of apartments or houses. Any suggestions for affordable housing around? It seems like everyone expects top dollar for rent now that housing has been the booming business. Thanks in advance.
Joe Dyson

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by newnickname
Hi, I moved to the area recently from North Carolina. St. Mary's feels like home already. I'm trying to settle in, but unfortunately have not come across the best of apartments or houses. Any suggestions for affordable housing around? It seems like everyone expects top dollar for rent now that housing has been the booming business. Thanks in advance.
Joe Dyson

Not much available in terms of apartments for less than $800-$1000. Not much in houses less than $1100.

Your best bet sounds like renting a room or getting an apartment with a roommate. Check the classifieds here at somd.com.

newnickname

I been looking around somd.com for a good while now. I guess I'm just holding out for a good deal. I've met locals who have great leases. I don't want to depend on a housemate to make the payments, but might need one if the cheapest is $1000. Now $750 would be inviting.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You definately have to shop around for a deal. Have you tried Winter's (Winter's Sheetmetal) on Rt. 5 south of Leonardtown as they have some rental units there?

Originally posted by newnickname
...Any suggestions for affordable housing around? ...

Hey NNN!

A while back you could get a studio apartment in Hickory Hills in the price range you mentioned. As I recall it was in the $650 - $750 range. I checked in to this several years ago (2000), and at that time they had a waiting list. I'm guessing the prices have gone up since then.

Good luck in your search.

K

Kain99

A "real photo" and you dewbs fall like dominos... :frown:

How many Dysons do you know from North Carolina?? :killingme

K

Kain99

Originally posted by cariblue
What are you talking about?
I think this new stud is a fake.... How did he know Ken was an old timer? I smell a rat.... Not normally big on secret MPD stuff but... He looks an awful lot like a certain Hot tub, boat, Crazy dog owner to me.

Don't believe him.. Thats the facts.

Who cares if I'm right? :wink:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by cariblue
Do Dysons only live in Maryland?

btw, KK's tag is "oldtimer" :dur:
Right... :dur: I just got busted in PM's about Ken's old timer status...

Ya'll can have this dude... I have a very major, icky bad feeling.

Carry on.

newnickname

Originally posted by migtig
:yeahthat: +10 points. My dad lives in Western NC and the phone book is full of Dysons.

Hey, I'm from western NC. Hickory, that is...corn liquor...sweet tea.
Not many Dysons down there, but several here. Don't know if there's a relation, maybe.

NO not trolling...um ..old timer is a good guess...since it appears under his name. and what else is there.

have to read the responses again

newnickname

Originally posted by migtig
My Dad's up past Canton in Lake Logan in Haywood County.

Not familiar w/ Haywood county, but it is beautiful in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'm loving the Bay life now, such a contrast from the Hills.

nomoney

Originally posted by kwillia
Just checking... is that advice like Catt gives to Pixie when Pixie needs mothering... or is that advice like when I told dems to PM Hello6 for info regarding breeding her dog...:confused:

:lmao: aren't they kinda both the same:confused: