New Jimi Hendrix Album Coming

Radiant1

Soul Probe
12 unreleased Jimi Hendrix songs to debut March 5

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A new Jimi Hendrix album is coming March 5.

The musician's website says "People, Hell and Angels" contains 12 previously unreleased tracks recorded in 1968 and '69.

12 unreleased Jimi Hendrix songs to debut March 5 - Yahoo! News

I love me some Hendrix, but in my opinion unreleased tracks were not released for a reason. As is the norm with prevously unreleased music, the songs will probably suck.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I love me some Hendrix, but in my opinion unreleased tracks were not released for a reason. As is the norm with prevously unreleased music, the songs will probably suck.

Depends. If you are a Hendrix fan looking for finished, polished material that fit right in with your expectations of what a Hendrix song should sound like, yeah, you'll probably be disappointed.

However, if you are a Hendrix fan that enjoys his playing first, as opposed to his songs, if you're the kind of fan that would enjoy having been in the studio just listening to him noodling and doodling around, even goofing around, creating stuff, it could be a gold mine of interesting, different, maybe even odd but quintessentially Jimi stuff.

Hank

my war

That's not true at all. Record labels rule what the artist puts out. There are instances all the time where a whole album is shelved just because a label doesn't think it is commercial enough. I like a lot of unreleased material... :shrug:

Last edited: