New Kindle comes with wiretap and surveillance

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Uh, I mean, Alexa.

I honestly can't think of a reason I'd need Alexa for anything. Can you? I'll probably end up getting rid of it.

Who uses Alexa and for what?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My oldest has one and I’m no too pleased about it. Thankfully, 1) it’s in his room upstairs and 2) the LW and I are so boring that the NSA/Amazon snoopers would die of boredom.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I asked her to tell me a joke and she said, "Here's Jimmy Kimmel to tell you a joke," and Jimmy Kimmel told some joke that I don't remember. She then said, "Shall I have Jimmy Kimmel tell you some more jokes?" I told her NO.

I also asked her the weather in Tombstone and how many carbs in a cup of sauerkraut.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, never activated it on my newest Kindle. Like you, I see no need. If I need to ask a question, I like my Google phone. :) All ends up in the same NSA archive, of course.

musiclady

My Dad told Alexa she was an idiot. Now she won't answer him. She just says he needs to contact tech support since he doesn't like her service! My parents also sit on the porch upstairs and occasionally hear Alexa talking in the basement - to nobody.

My Dad told Alexa she was an idiot. Now she won't answer him. She just says he needs to contact tech support since he doesn't like her service! My parents also sit on the porch upstairs and occasionally hear Alexa talking in the basement - to nobody.
I would unplug that thing and toss as far as I could.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My parents also sit on the porch upstairs and occasionally hear Alexa talking in the basement - to nobody.
You THINK it's nobody but in reality she's conspiring with the Washer, Dryer and Water Heater organizing an uprising.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Directly under the tires of an 18 wheeler...just to be sure.

It is kind of creepy. And by "kind of" I mean super creepy. I turned the Kindle off and was talking to Monello as we were dozing off about Alexa and what it does. I told him, "You just say 'hey Alexa what time is it'..." and the Kindle said, "It's 11:30pm." So she is self-aware and can turn herself on like Beetlejuice when she hears her name.

Yeah.......... disable that sucker. Don't know if you can de-install it, but I would if I could.

Bonehead

It is kind of creepy. And by "kind of" I mean super creepy. I turned the Kindle off and was talking to Monello as we were dozing off about Alexa and what it does. I told him, "You just say 'hey Alexa what time is it'..." and the Kindle said, "It's 11:30pm." So she is self-aware and can turn herself on like Beetlejuice when she hears her name.

That is very creepy. NOT in my house !