New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell allegedly living in posh city-owned apartment, not paying rent

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell seen staying at Upper Pontalba Building in Jackson Square

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell, who has been under fire for her jet-setting lifestyle as crime plagues the city, may have also been living rent-free in a pricey, city-owned apartment.

The Democrat, 50, has allegedly been using a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment in the French Market Corporation’s Upper Pontalba Building in Jackson Square as a personal residence. The unit has a fair market value of nearly $3,000 a month.

The mayor’s comings-and-goings from the apartment were the subject of a two-month-long investigation by FOX8 New Orleans, which last week reported to have combed through more than 600 hours of surveillance footage.

Cantrell was already under scrutiny for racking up $30,000 in first-class international travel expenses over the summer.

Last month, she defended the cost of her travel, stating that "my travel accommodations are a matter of safety, not of luxury. … I need to be safe as I do business on behalf of the city of New Orleans."

PJay

She's a witch. I can't listen to her or look at her.

and this:

"The City of New Orleans has earned a bad reputation for its criminal activity due to a variety of factors, but the truth is that it is fairly safe for tourists and visitors.

We advise you to not openly wear valuable objects like cameras or even a popular brand of a purse, it could make you a target for petty theft. Try to blend in as a local."

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Stay away!

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Was last in Nawlynz 36 - 37 years ago. Once was enough.
Went there every year in Dec for the International Workboat Show...for many years. Always took my missus...stayed at La Pavillon Hotel. Really enjoyed the heck out of it and always stayed at least one extra day just to enjoy the waterfront and French Quarter businesses. But the crime - and violent crime - was bad back then too. It's far worse now. Won't be going back.