New Pill

K

Kizzy

Quit smoking and lose weight. Channel 4 is reporting the Rimonabant studies. The pill is currently being tested in West Virginia and the results appear promising. They say it could be sold as soon as next year.

alex

Why does our society expect a pill to solve everything? Are we that lazy? I heard a trailer for this report last night. The woman said she lost 45 lbs in a year of taking the pill. That works out to less than 1 lb a week. You can lose twice that with a proper diet and exercise and still be healthy. Is that people can take this pill, lose weight and still eat all the garbarge food they want too?

I think this should be for those people who have seriously tried everything to lose weight and are looking at the stomach surgery that Al Roker had as their next alternative.

K

Kizzy

:lol: @ Cari

The pill focuses on the brain and the neurological hits the brain receive for a cigarette and/or food. With this pill, it will reduce the hits on the brain making the user think they are not hungry or desiring a cigarette. It isn't a laxative or fat trapper type drug.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by IM4Change
:lol: @ Cari

The pill focuses on the brain and the neurological hits the brain receive for a cigarette and/or food. With this pill, it will reduce the hits on the brain making the user think they are not hungry or desiring a cigarette. It isn't a laxative or fat trapper type drug.

I think I made a post about this a few months back.

Apparently this is the first fat/smoking drug of its kind, that works on the brain rather than on carb-blocking, etc.

K

Kizzy

Right. I thought the whole concept was rather interesting.