New pope is a beer drinker

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=34727

[font=ARIAL, MS Sans Serif]This past weekend, the brewery sent a beer truck to Rome delivering 185 gallons of beer to the pope.

You mean drinking alcohol isn't a sin after all?
[/font]:lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Not in the Church of Rome!! :otter: You'd have to be a drinker to wear that silly hat anyway.
Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine at the wedding feast in Cana.
Ol' JC knew how to par-tay!! :banana:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I wonder what kind of beer it is? It's German so it's more than likely a lager. Maybe a Hefeweizen which is always a good choice. :yay:

K

Kain99

Catholics have always belived in sipping brew. I think it's cool. Not everything great is a sin! :lol:

ylexot

Super Genius
Kain99 said:
Catholics have always belived in sipping brew. I think it's cool. Not everything great is a sin! :lol:
Actually, some of the best brewers in the world are Belgian monks!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ylexot said:
Speaking of Germans and beer...I went to the Brickskeller last night :cheers: :otter:
I've never been, but it sounds like a lot of fun. My former neighbor (VERY German) used to go and tell me about the different beer she tried. :cheers:

I used to love parties at her house because she'd fill a baby swimming pool with ice and a wide assortment of quality beer from all over the world. :yay: Oh, and the fact that all I had to do was stumble home across the street afterwards. :lmao: :alkies:

ylexot

Super Genius
jazz lady said:
I've never been, but it sounds like a lot of fun. My former neighbor (VERY German) used to go and tell me about the different beer she tried. :cheers:
I only had three beers...
First was the Russian Baltica #4 Dark - 16.9oz, 5.6% alc. - very good, well balanced between malt and hops :yay:
Second was the Unibroue Terrible - 750ml, 10.5% alc. :otter: - also very good and similar to the Baltica :yay: My friends thought it was dark because you could barely see lights when looking through it. I told them I've made something darker and I'd have to do it again...call it Black Hole Beer :cheers:
Last was the Black Cat - 16.9oz, 3.4% alc. - won two awards, but I thought it wasn't worth it...very little malt flavor, not too hoppy, just weak overall. Strange, usually the beers get better the more you drink :lol:

jazz lady said:
I used to love parties at her house because she'd fill a baby swimming pool with ice and a wide assortment of quality beer from all over the world. :yay: Oh, and the fact that all I had to do was stumble home across the street afterwards. :lmao: :alkies:
Some of my friends do a BYOWB party - Bring Your Own Weird Beer. Everybody has to bring a 6-pack of something unusual (i.e. no Bud, etc.). Good parties, but I have a tough time trying them all :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ylexot said:
I've made something darker and I'd have to do it again...call it Black Hole Beer :cheers:
That's a great name for a beer. :lmao: I'm just amazed at the range of flavor in beer, especially the European ones.

Strange, usually the beers get better the more you drink :lol:
It depends on how much you eat first. :whistle:

Some of my friends do a BYOWB party - Bring Your Own Weird Beer. Everybody has to bring a 6-pack of something unusual (i.e. no Bud, etc.). Good parties, but I have a tough time trying them all :biggrin:
Man, that sounds like a great idea. :yay: I can't stand crappy beer - all it's good for is cooking crabs. For me, it's like why even BOTHER? :lol:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Kain99 said:
Not everything great is a sin! :lol:
I believe that, too. But there are some denominations that believe that everything pleasurable is sinful, and it's tempting to assume that a strict denomination like Catholicism would believe that, too. For one thing, the celibacy requirement for priests and nuns gives the impression that sex is bad, even though the requirement is about committing their lives to God.