New Restaurant

chuckster

IMFUBARED
The foundation is in for the new restaurant on 235 next to MANTECH.
This restaurant will be owned/operated by the same people who brought you the Tavern in Wildewood.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by chuckster
The foundation is in for the new restaurant on 235 next to MANTECH.
This restaurant will be owned/operated by the same people who brought you the Tavern in Wildewood.
Really!?! After three years of waiting? Yay!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by PFgal
Super! Is it going to be similar to the Tavern then, or more casual?
Old sign said Oyster Bar... = Booger Bar... yuk! Hopefully they will have some other good eats! :biggrin:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by PFgal
Super! Is it going to be similar to the Tavern then, or more casual?

I would expect it to be business casual. Here there is going to be a Oyster Bar.
Everything that Ed W and his family builds is always "Top Shelf"

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by chuckster
"Top Shelf"

That's fine I suppose, but I was hoping for a more casual and reasonably priced establishment (not that the Tavern is too pricey - you get what you pay for. I'm just not going to drop $20 for a weekday lunch.) that would offer more lunch options. Guess we'll see!

K

Kain99

Hate to break in here but did you guys ever hear the old rumor that Ed W. owns his own island? Just wondering.... Went to High school with Cindy. :wink:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Hubby was pouring the foundation last week and said it's supposed to be some fancy smancy place. Don't know how in that area though.

John Z

if you will
Strange, I used to park right there when visiting Mantech/Lockheed-Martin. Almost looks to be too small an area for a restaurant.

Wonder if they'll have good beer on tap? Not that it'll matter, since I can't be drinking a beer then driving 40 miles home....:nono:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by John Z
Strange, I used to park right there when visiting Mantech/Lockheed-Martin. Almost looks to be too small an area for a restaurant.

Wonder if they'll have good beer on tap? Not that it'll matter, since I can't be drinking a beer then driving 40 miles home....:nono:
Red Rocket will be upset with you, if you did that.
But if you do, make sure your muffler is working properly and do not race anybody.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by Kain99
Hate to break in here but did you guys ever hear the old rumor that Ed W. owns his own island? Just wondering.... Went to High school with Cindy. :wink:

You are almost right. I think he owns a part of it. The real owner is now the guy who owns Indigoes Grill and his mother. His step -father owned it.Ed W and Mr J.W. are the ones who developed the Wildewood housing and office park. J.W. made his money in electronics and radio stations.
The land where the Wildewood Center, housing and office park was purchased by J.W. many years ago.