New Rifle

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Well I ordered a new Rifle after seeing it at the gun show. A Howa .308 Supreme Varminter. Problem is I am still debating on which scope to get. I am planning to spend $300-$400 on it. Any Suggestions???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Magnum said:
Well I ordered a new Rifle after seeing it at the gun show. A Howa .308 Supreme Varminter. Problem is I am still debating on which scope to get. I am planning to spend $300-$400 on it. Any Suggestions???

Scope? What are you shooting? If you're shooting 'varmints' you don't need no stinking scope. If you're in the same area code, the over pressure will skin 'em let along kill them.

Send that summ##### to Iraq and get some grunt to trade you his POS .223 'varmint' gun. He'll thank you 'cause the varmints he's shooting need .308.

T

tikipirate

I would also recommend a 168 grain hollow point boat tail spitzer to start out with, moving up in weight as you move out in range. My favorite is Cor-Bon.

Vince

Link I want this one next.

Attachments

• 1860-henry-rifle-blue-24.jpg
    1860-henry-rifle-blue-24.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 81

Novus Collectus

Larry Gude said:
Scope? What are you shooting? If you're shooting 'varmints' you don't need no stinking scope. If you're in the same area code, the over pressure will skin 'em let along kill them.
He could be using saboted rounds on varmints in the .308.
Send that summ##### to Iraq and get some grunt to trade you his POS .223 'varmint' gun. He'll thank you 'cause the varmints he's shooting need .308.
:killingme

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Larry Gude said:

Larry, You really need to see the exploding varmits series! Pretty awesome watching prarie dogs and ground hogs exploding from a well placed 150 yr shot!

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Well Found out last Thursday no new Rifle for me. Said they can't get it, backordered crap. Well maybe I'll have to wait for the next gun show.