New Saddle

mingiz

Horse Poor
:tantrum The saddle I just got for fat pony doesn't fit her :bawl: So hopefully the seller will take it back. If not - it's for sale for what I paid..

K

Katie

mingiz said:
:tantrum The saddle I just got for fat pony doesn't fit her :bawl: So hopefully the seller will take it back. If not - it's for sale for what I paid..

Poor fat pony.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Migiz how does it not fit in the wither area...too wide or too narrow?? Sorry about that..

mingiz

Horse Poor
Pasofever said:
Migiz how does it not fit in the wither area...too wide or too narrow?? Sorry about that..

too narrow in wither and just sticks up to high in the back...doesn't even sit on her good. She has a wide wither...Damn rolley polley

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
happyappygirl said:
Is this a gaited horse saddle? If so what size is it?

It's sn endurance type, I got a 17in seat but seems more like a 16 compared to my circle y. Want pics?

mingiz

Horse Poor
happyappygirl said:
where does the girth sit?
it would be for Rottncop, so it might not fit him either :frown:

:lmao: :killingme The girth sits in the girth area ok. If you would like to see it let me know....

mingiz

Horse Poor
happyappygirl said:
:buttkick: i meant....some saddles are center fire rigged so the girth sits towards the middle of the horse. Not good for preggies, and one i have hates it that way she'll throw a buck every time.

http://www.western-saddle-guide.com/saddle-rigging.html

It's got a full rigging on it. My circle Y has double riggings on it so I can adjust it .This is an endurance so doesn't those type set you more forward like Englist does I want to be in the middle and square.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
So on your western saddle there are two front rigging holes and you use the second one from the front? And a buck strap? I've never tried a Western saddle that way. Hmm...Do you think that releases pressure off the front of the tree and away from a longer shoulder?

In a center fire rigged endurance type saddle, the 2 billets (billet and buck strap so to speak) come together like a Y meeting at the girth ring. They meet right about in the middle of the horses side and the girth goes around the belly several inches further back than a full girth position (a straignt line down from where the one on the pix is). A center fire rigged saddle eliminates the need for a buck strap, since the back billet holds the back of the saddle down.

Actually most of the endurance and Australian saddles are set a bit further back towards the midline and girth about 2" further back than a normal Western full girth, the girth doesn't sit way up under the elbows. It frees up the shoulder some. What kind of pad are you sitting it on? One made for the saddle? There are some new girths made for the torsion treeless saddles that are curved, so they fit in the groove where the regular girthline is, but the buckle ends point either back or forward it's reversable depending on how your horse is built.

Last edited: