New Sniper Rifle out of Russia

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Is this supposed to compete against tracking point rifles?

black dog

Free America
Is this supposed to compete against tracking point rifles?
I dont know, but I know this 7 clicks they are Hail Marys and nothing more. Most bullets speed is cut in half around 800-1000 yards. Whats the bullets coefficient? What speed are these traveling at 4k much less 7k. With all the math I just see them going subsonic and with that loose yaw. With that the accuracy is normally over.
crap add wind, elevation, curvature, what scope to see targets at 7k...
I believe it would be better to shoot a 120mm at the target.

It will be interesting to watch..

Kinnakeet

I dont know, but I know this 7 clicks they are Hail Marys and nothing more. Most bullets speed is cut in half around 800-1000 yards. Whats the bullets coefficient? What speed are these traveling at 4k much less 7k. With all the math I just see them going subsonic and with that loose yaw. With that the accuracy is normally over.
crap add wind, elevation, curvature, what scope to see targets at 7k...
I believe it would be better to shoot a 120mm at the target.

It will be interesting to watch..
Dont forget the rotation of the earth at that distance and how can one see that far to begin with 7 kilometers is about 4 miles or so isnt it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Dont forget the rotation of the earth at that distance and how can one see that far to begin with 7 kilometers is about 4 miles or so isnt it.
Maybe curvature is what you should be looking at. At 7km (4.35 miles) the drop from curvature would be just under 13 feet. So a second story window, rooftop, deer stand, a knoll, etc. puts you in line of sight.

black dog

Free America
Yea... Its all smoke and mirrors... Its a Huge hail marry..
Its interesting with my son as a lav tow shooter, when looking way down range its interesting on how much elevation and magnification is needed for some viewing much less launching.
They will drive up on a rock pile to see down range. Thats why big boy ranges have berms to shoot and place targets...