New television shopping

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Looking to replace an older 37" set with something that works better at streaming. I currently use Roku in my bedroom but would like to have that available in the LR too versus watching things on my laptop. The current LR TV does not have the hookups available for Roku and the picture is not the best quality.

I am not looking to go to a huge increase on screen size, so 43 inches would be good. I found this one with Roku built-in. Thoughts?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Is there a way you can hook your cable box to a Roku TV?
The goal is to get rid of the cable box as it is getting too expensive to have both cable and internet. $150+ a month for both. I am going to go all streaming as there is little on broadcast TV I actually watch and I can get that via streaming.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Stop at BJ's on the way home and got it. It just fit across the back seat of my Camry so glad I didn't go larger. Now to unpack and hook it up, my favorite part. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Unpacked, set up, and programmed. Love it! It helped I already had a Roku account set up. Only snag was I couldn't remember my password. :banghead:

Now to finish cutting the cord. Looking into Locast for the local channels.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Fits perfectly in my space. :yahoo:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Any ideas on how to get rid of the old 37" TV? It is a flat screen but about 10 years old and weighs about 40 pounds. :faint:

I offered to donate it to a local organization but they can't use it. I don't think there is much if any value in it to try to sell but it does work just fine and has the remote. I am sure someone would be happy to have it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Any ideas on how to get rid of the old 37" TV? It is a flat screen but about 10 years old and weighs about 40 pounds. :faint:

I offered to donate it to a local organization but they can't use it. I don't think there is much if any value in it to try to sell but it does work just fine and has the remote. I am sure someone would be happy to have it.
If it has the right connections, change cables and turn it into your new computer monitor.

You could drop it off at Habitat, they will surely take it if it works. If not, take it to the Convenience Center on Rt 4. If you need help, shout.

or put it outside with a note $100. Gone in 10.

glhs837

Power with Control

Habitat REstore in the Sqaure should take it, or the thrift store behind Firehouse Subs. Failing that, all the county transfer stations have containers for recylcling electronics.

You could drop it off at Habitat, they will surely take it if it works. If not, take it to the Convenience Center on Rt 4. If you need help, shout.
Habitat REstore in the Sqaure should take it, or the thrift store behind Firehouse Subs. Failing that, all the county transfer stations have containers for recylcling electronics.
And now I know at least one person has me on ignore.... :ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Good idea. I will stop by or call them this week and see if they will take it. And thanks, I may need it. It took all I had to get it off the stand onto the floor. Right now, I am vacuuming around it. :lmao:

or put it outside with a note $100. Gone in 10.
Oh, it wouldn't take that long. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
And now I know at least one person has me on ignore.... :ohwell:

Not at all, I was just adding in where Habitat was, and mentioning that all the transer stations have electronics recycling, not just Rt 4 and the fact that the Center For Life Enrichment thrift store was an option also :)