New to Calvert. What are the best restaurants/bars in town?

dmpitta1987

If I may ...

Well, because to me it slapped of being wrong. Plus, I've never seen any other user here do such a thing. In addition, running a business myself, these things kinda pop up on my radar as something I myself would not accord. ~ Unless asked like if I had a cork-board for business cards for people to post on. And though I can be quite the ass here at times, I do respect and look out for others.

Thanks for your concern. Preciate it

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My gf grew up in Calvert and tells me that Ruddy Duck is the best crab cake in SOMD. Even better than Jerry's. Would you concur with that sentiment?

No, but they do have a surprisingly good crabcake. I used to go to RD at least once a week and I don't think I've ever had anything that was not outstanding.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Brick Bistro in Prince Frederick
Awesome ribs at Boomerangs in Solomons
CD Café in Solomons-small place with excellent food
Island Hideaway in Solomons

All locally owned and operated
Gawd, Wednesday the wind shifted and redirected the smoke/smell from Boomerangs down to the marina and made my mouth water. I must try their ribs soon!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Gawd, Wednesday the wind shifted and redirected the smoke/smell from Boomerangs down to the marina and made my mouth water. I must try their ribs soon!
There are several people on the forums that have said they don't like Boomerangs. I am certainly not one of them :lmao:
The owners are nice as well and are very generous with donations to feed the hungry.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are several people on the forums that have said they don't like Boomerangs. I am certainly not one of them :lmao:
The owners are nice as well and are very generous with donations to feed the hungry.

I like Boomerang's but I also like that rib joint that you hate that I can't remember the name of.

I just like ribs and BBQ in general.

BOP

Pirates Cove in Galesville is very nice!
Iron Rooster downtown Annapolis (City Docks) and McGarvey's. There are tons of other places up in that area, but both of those I've been to recently.

Heritage 485* on Main Street is one of my favorite locally owned restaurants in PF, as I'd Brick Wood Fired Bistro, La Tolteca (so much better than Mexico IMO) Jerry's Seafood.

(Please be advised that dancing is frowned upon in some of these places, but I'm not mentioning any names publicly. :jet: )
Are you saying there have been WR sightings in Calvert? :bann:

phreddyp

Folks who don't like Boomerangs are folks that don't like food made from scratch . They spend a lot of time on making the sides and deserts, as far as I'm concerned you can't beat them .

Blister

We only eat in Culvert County about a dozen times a year. So with limited exposure my observations are , Ruddy Duck, Island Hideaway, Lighthouse and Dry Dock, occasionally very good, not always great, but have never been disappointed. Boomerangs decent but not exceptional. Jerry's and Skippers' Pier we have enjoyed every time. Finally, Brick was highly recommended, and maybe we hit an off night, but is was very disappointing on a Friday night about happy hour. Don't know if they were overwhelmed or just concentrating on the bar crowd, but the dining room service was extremely slow, food cold, and not at all impressive.
Pre-Covid we generally ate out once a week, usually in St. Marys, much less lately.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Mangoes has changed its name to "Ketch 22."
No it didn't. Ketch 22 is an entirely different restaurant and owner/operator than Mangoe's. The owner of the Herrington complex wanted to go in a different direction when Mangoe's lease was up a few years ago and didn't renew it.

Ketch 22 is owned/operated by a group that has a couple restaurants in the Annapolis/Arnold area. Damned if I can remember the name.