New to somd hunting

sadkins3

Hey guys...My husband and I moved down to St. Mary's this spring. My husband is from upstate NY but is stationed in DC in the USMC. He's not going to be able to make it to upstate for hunting this year and has talked about not hunting at all. I have heard that you can hunt on public land around here. Any advice??? He's gonna make me miserable if he can't hunt :faint:

Thanks for any help you can give me!

bcp

In My Opinion
rescueman said:
he can hunt all he has to do is find someone that has land and go get his hunting license.
I dont want to burst any bubbles here but...
you do understand that this forum is funded by P.E.T.A dont you?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
There is public land to be hunted in St.Mary's I can't give you all of them because being from Calvert I haven't looked into the specifics. I know Calvert Cliffs State Park has public land dedicated to hunting and I have seen a few nice size deer come out of there. Also Flag Ponds has some hunting oppurtunities but it is for bow season only.

I am sure you can go to the MD DNR website and find the info about hunting public land in St.Mary's and other surrounding counties.

Vince

bcp said:
I dont want to burst any bubbles here but...
you do understand that this forum is funded by P.E.T.A dont you?
She dosen't know that PETA on this forum refers to People Eating Tasty Animals.

ImnoMensa

There are many farmers in St. Mary's that will allow you to hunt on their property if you go and ask. Tell them you are a marine and are responsible and have taken Marylands safety gun course. (If you havent, then take it.) get it in writing.

The more deer you kill the less are on the road hunting my front bumper.

jrt_ms1995

He can also hunt on the base (Pax and Webster Field) since he's active military. From the Pax River instruction: "a Maryland hunting license with appropriate stamps and separate NAS and WFA hunting permits are required of all persons who hunt on either NAS or WFA. Permits may be purchased from MWR's Recreation Director at the Drill Hall, Bldg 458, (301) 342-3508, Monday through Friday. All hunters are required to produce a certificate of completion of a state certified hunter safety course, a NAS hunting permit issued after 1982, or a Maryland hunting license with a "CCS:" number printed on the license before a permit will be issued." He'll also have to see the CMAA for weapons registration, and, if he'll be deer hunting, qualify at the station range with each individual weapon he'll want to use for deer hunting. Bow qualifications are also required but are handled differently. Tell him to search for a copy of NASPAXRIVINST 11015.6; he should be able to find it online somewhere.