Governor New Video: Public Calls For “Fair Redistricting,” Calls Out “Outrageously Partisan” Gerrymandering

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
Evidence Mounts of Rigged and Predetermined Process

(Watch)​

On Monday, legislative leaders held a joint hearing on congressional redistricting, and the overwhelming public sentiment was against gerrymandering and for fair maps:

• Marylanders want fair redistricting, not another gerrymandered map”
  • “It is outrageously partisan
  • Let’s be a positive example for the entire nation”
  • “As a proud Democrat, I implore you to not be so shortsighted
  • I feel like I haven’t been represented in this state for 48 years of voting”
  • “The highly regarded Princeton redistricting group has given the citizens’ maps a score of ‘A’ … the same study gave the Legislative Redistricting Advisory Commission a resounding failing grade”
  • “The Citizens Commission did a fantastic job defining a fair map for everyone

In fact, there was not a single member of the public who testified fully supporting the politician’s maps as is. Meanwhile, the people’s maps garnered strong support during public testimony.

Even so, the people’s maps were never even brought up for a vote during the hearing—more proof that the process has been rigged and pre-determined by party bosses and politicians.

We continue to fight for fair maps and fair districts.

-###-​