New Year's Resolutions

acommondisaster

In 2019 I resolved to limit, if not eliminate, the amount of hate I expose myself to. This means not reading the comments on President Trump or anyone else's tweets, and keeping people like Trans and Sapidus on ignore and not peeking. Bye, CNN. Bye, MSNBC. Bye, the rest of you screaming rags. And perhaps bye, Tucker, unless he starts doing something other than highlighting the crazies and psychosis that's out there.

I really was a lot happier before I knew these people existed in such numbers. I don't need to hear what they have to say, I don't care, and I don't need that in my life. Let's talk about the positive and have fun.

I turned off the news completely about a month ago. I still see the occasional tweet, but the news I'm interested in now is on the Weather Channel. Talk radio in the car? Gone. I'm listening to xmradio the Chill/Dance channel. Life's better now. Glad to hear you're finding the same peace.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
A few years back, I stopped making resolutions I knew I'd only keep at it for a week or so and think of real resolutions. My successful resolutions: taking all of my damaged jewelry and clothes and either fixing them or getting rid of them. (I cleaned out a lot of space) Always putting my debit card back into my wallet instead of jamming it in my back pocket or jacket pocket = no more searching in the closet or the hamper for the card. Taking out the trash before it was so full I had to jam things in to get the lid to shut = no more wrestling with trash bags that are so full it's like trying to get a fat woman out of size 2 jeans.
I know they sound cheesy, but they're little things that make life a shade easier/better.
This year's different. I'm going big. After seeing the aftermath of the recent accident on 210 where 3 little ones were trapped and died in their car, and after another accident yesterday that took the lives of two beautiful talented sisters in Waldorf, I'm going to slow down. Considering I never met a speed limit sign I couldn't exceed and a GPS arrival time I didn't see as challenge, this is going to be tough. I'm not saying I'm going to be granny on the road, but I'm lightening my foot on the pedal. No longer going to dart around people only going 5 miles over the limit.

:huggy:

Bann

PREMO Member
JackassWhisperer.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So you need to post more often and make it fun again!

THANK YOU!

It annoys me to no end that our fun posters have left because the douche nozzles have taken over. I still want fun stories and drama and chitty chat. I'm over all the politics and hate.

Although Donald Trump is the best President since George Washington and if you don't think so you suck. :razz:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Since I never seem to keep my NY relolutions, my resolution is to gain weight.

frequentflier

happy to be living
THANK YOU!

It annoys me to no end that our fun posters have left because the douche nozzles have taken over. I still want fun stories and drama and chitty chat. I'm over all the politics and hate.

Although Donald Trump is the best President since George Washington and if you don't think so you suck. :razz:

There are a lot of posters that I miss. Especially Pete; he always made me laugh.

goughrmak

In 2019 I resolved to limit, if not eliminate, the amount of hate I expose myself to. This means not reading the comments on President Trump"

So happy to see that you are holding to your resolution of "eliminating the amount of hate".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In 2019 I resolved to limit, if not eliminate, the amount of hate I expose myself to. This means not reading the comments on President Trump"

So happy to see that you are holding to your resolution of "eliminating the amount of hate".

On ignore you go!

:party:

warneckutz

Yes...i spit!!!

Whew, reproduction would be a bad idea for you.

:bs:

You cant be an admin on here and do this. Damn near every post on here involves "comments on President Trump!" :lmao:

^^ THIS IS TRUE ^^

THANK YOU!

Make the forum great again, beg SmoothMarine187 to come back.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I turned off the news completely about a month ago. I still see the occasional tweet, but the news I'm interested in now is on the Weather Channel. Talk radio in the car? Gone. I'm listening to xmradio the Chill/Dance channel. Life's better now. Glad to hear you're finding the same peace.

Oh, I still intend to keep up with the news, just not the people who have nothing intelligent to say and only want to vent their spleen with a bunch of nasty abusive comments. I don't need to see people calling Melania Trump filthy names simply because she sends a holiday greeting on Twitter. Anyone who is so consumed with hate has no place in my life anymore.

Bann

PREMO Member
THANK YOU!

:kicksrocks:.
I'm resolving to be more involved in the forums this year! :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yay! I just got to practice my resolution!

There was a horrible Democrat woman on Twitter promoting something vile, and I started to respond to her...and didn't. I saw her by tweet accident anyway - thanks, Twitter, you ass. She is one of those I was much happier not knowing existed.

So not only did I not respond, but I blocked her so I don't ever have to see her disturbing "thoughts" again.

:thewave:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Well, I was about to travel to fashionable San Francisco to buy a man fur coat. Nope, in the City, it’s now illegal to buy a fur in that jurisdiction. And you can forget buying a one use plastic straw in DC.

not a huge fan of the paper straws, but I do respect establishments that voluntarily are using them.
Particularly bars along the water. It's not the landfill that worries them, it's the wildlife, particularly water fowl, who end up choking on them.

If DC is such a progressive town, there shouldn't be a need for legislation, people should choose to do what they is best for the ecology.